Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funny thing is we are arguing about having nanny protection for enabling a feature that will eventually become the ultimate nanny.

I beat you to it! :p

But there is a difference there though. Less accidents, faster commute, and you can sleep instead of driving (among the gazillion other pros and cons people can think of)

And until Level 4 autonomous comes out, I want to be able to control what/where/when the Tesla does.

The funny thing is we are arguing about having nanny protection for enabling a feature that will eventually become the ultimate nanny.

Arguing is too strong a word ;) We are discussing how we get there.

My POV is phase 1 = Geofenced, phase 2= trained people supervising trickier conditions, phase 3 = general rollout.

To me that clip shows we aren't quite ready for #3.

(BTW I think the X will be a lot closer)

Last edited:
Without engaging the liability issue, they can gather plenty of data with AP disabled. They can run the AP in the background and compare what the driver and algorithm would do.

In fact, in a supervised learning problem, AP enabled or disabled could likely be completely irrelevant. The feature set that the model is training on is the inputs from the camera and AP hardware. The output variable (prediction) is the driver reaction. Training this kind of model means looking at how the driver reacts when given the inputs, then trying to do the same with the model. What AP does in the meantime has little effect on that particular model.

That's not to say that they won't tweak some things (change feature weights, etc) because of what AP does wrong, but the core of the problem has nothing to do with how it behaves. More in how the drivers behave when AP is turned off, because that's how it learns.

Hill Hold

Same here! I requested this function (as it works in all recent Mercedes models) also and am very happy to have it now.

The Energy app after the update yesterday still looks old and somehow lost in the display... if it shoud look like the screenshot above, I probably have to reassign the apps in the dashboard display...
Also very happy about TPMS because it's always been a mystery where the warning comes from.

Love all of the improvements for us Classic owners! Bring it! :)

The new Hill Hold function is one that I've been requesting for a long time and am glad that Tesla is implementing it. It makes no sense to only hold on hills. It should work in all situations. Looks like we are finally going to get that. The improved driveline performance for classics is also wonderful news. Breathing new life into my 2 year old car... love it!

Any news about the 7.0 change to the climate control? Winter has arrived in Norway, and many people are complaining about horrible heater function after 7.0 upgrade.

Any canadians have these problems and know of a solution?

I'm noticing a difference with v7 HVAC... it's said to be what? 'more efficient' read: "scrimp on power" therefore "less effective".

It seems to be taking longer to clear windows at -10C and rear windows never clear.

My solution so far, is to put insulation (foil bubble sheet cut to size) up on the inside of the pano glass.
This is helping. I have it in rear section of glass, and will be doing front sunroof section next.

Hardware fix for a software problem. I think I will post this in the cold weather / winter blog area.

OK, did that, posted here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/entry.php/194-Cold-Weather-Driving

Last edited:
I'm noticing a difference with v7 HVAC... it's said to be what? 'more efficient' read: "scrimp on power" therefore "less effective".

It seems to be taking longer to clear windows at -10C and rear windows never clear.

My solution so far, is to put insulation (foil bubble sheet cut to size) up on the inside of the pano glass.
This is helping. I have it in rear section of glass, and will be doing front sunroof section next.

Hardware fix for a software problem. I think I will post this in the cold weather / winter blog area.

OK, did that, posted here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/entry.php/194-Cold-Weather-Driving

People in Norway are reporting strange HVAC behaviour, and struggeling to keep the cabin warm. Two winters with great hvac performance has now been replaced with unpredictable and inadequate hvac performance. Elon should spend more time in cold parts of the world, at least his software-team should :D

People in Norway are reporting strange HVAC behaviour, and struggeling to keep the cabin warm. Two winters with great hvac performance has now been replaced with unpredictable and inadequate hvac performance. Elon should spend more time in cold parts of the world, at least his software-team should :D

Sounds like all the good programmers have defected to Apple. Either that or Tesla's software managers are incompetent.

I experience the same in the Netherlands with my P85, before 7.0 HVAC was on 20C and after 7.0 around 24C for the same performance.