Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like the Model S was going to get the full AP within "a few months" (when it was announced almost exactly a year ago).
With Tesla things are "a fact" when you have them in hand. Until then they are a "vague promise" or "an expectation".

Yeah, some new posters around here. "Facts" are squishy around these parts - don't worry, everyone learns in their own time.

Look at the dash in these X renderings from the X forum.
Gorn.jpg

Last edited:
I have heard from a reliable source that Tesla is in the process of rolling out a second iteration of the autopilot firmware to the early access group.

Please do not ask me to reveal this source. I don't know anything beyond the above. I do not believe I'll be receiving any additional information, but if I receive any that I can share I will certainly do that.

If you want to question the veracity of this information since I can't disclose the source, that's fine.

I have heard from a reliable source that Tesla is in the process of rolling out a second iteration of the autopilot firmware to the early access group.

Please do not ask me to reveal this source. I don't know anything beyond the above. I do not believe I'll be receiving any additional information, but if I receive any that I can share I will certainly do that.

If you want to question the veracity of this information since I can't disclose the source, that's fine.

Good to hear progress is being made. Hopefully not too long now. I expect they'd want it solid for the X (although I guess founders wouldn't mind being beta testers)

Thanks Andy. Certainly sounds like the normal process for development.

Of course if the test group had found the FW as horrible as some fear, I doubt that it would have made it to a second round so fast. Looking forward to it.

Who would ever question the veracity of unconfirmed rumors on a car enthusiast forum. Don't be ridiculous.

In unrelated news, the mother of a friend of mine told me that her neighbor put a blue flower pot on her window sill, which is a clear signal for a new beta being made available. So I can definitely neither confirm nor deny that Andy's information may or may not be correct.

Who would ever question the veracity of unconfirmed rumors on a car enthusiast forum. Don't be ridiculous.

In unrelated news, the mother of a friend of mine told me that her neighbor put a blue flower pot on her window sill, which is a clear signal for a new beta being made available. So I can definitely neither confirm nor deny that Andy's information may or may not be correct.
Dirkhh:

Hummm... now I just heard that the signal is a chalk "X" on the side of a parking lot lamp stanchion near the front of the Fremont factory. Don't ask... I WILL NOT TELL. :smile: