Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that's a fair way of putting it. But I think it's important for Zythryn to also recognize that he has zero evidence to support his claim that beta testers drove the UI changes we are seeing now. It's a theory that should be recognized, but at the same time I don't appreciate comments that devalue the feedback we post here.

I read the gist of his point as "we don't know that this feature wasn't this way the whole way through beta, and no actual change took place, let alone that if it was changed, it was as a result of the sturm und drang on TMC"

Since none of us here have used the 7.0 I think most likely that beta testers had the most influence over any changes though I suspect beta testers may peruse the TMC and TM threads as well as TM software engineers to get all possible feedback.

Elon just posted v7 wide release this Thursday!

a076ef9e79decfc9b57ad2f59f7667d5.jpg

The safety update that reduced air suspension lowering went out over a weekend, and more recently the security update went out over a few days. Most planned updates have been distributed over several weeks. I expect the same for v7.

The question is whether they prioritize the deployment to cars that already paid for AP so the accountants can let TM realize that money on their balance sheet.

Elon tweeted that deployment would taken place over five days. That's pretty fast for a feature release.

I think it's safe to say this is something like batches of cars will have it released to them with the last batch starting at no more than 5 days after the first batch. With cars not getting good signal, not completing the update, not getting the update request, having to trickle in with service center visits and/or troubleshooting by the owners.

Even if they offer it to all the cars on 10/15/15 I'd be surprised if 90% of the cars successfully upgraded within 5 days of their offer to download/install based on all the threads I've seen on this board in the past.

I mean considering the glitch fix for the dual motor rumble came out to everyone over ~4 days, I think they're doing all they can to prioritize the update that was promised months ago. 5 days is quite fast, but lately firmware has been showing up quicker and quicker!

Elon tweeted that deployment would taken place over five days. That's pretty fast for a feature release.

I made this note in the other thread, but the words apply just as well here.
Just be careful because Elon could have misunderstood that to be how many days until he expects 7.0 to roll out in the U.S. Saturday -> Thursday is five days. Hopefully that is not what is happening and he meant by next week rollout should be complete, but I can imagine him misunderstanding the question.

Before the dust settles on 7.0, note that more UI changes are coming in 7.1, per this tweet from Elon to a friend of mine, whose car does not have AP, asking about the release.
View attachment 97378

Time to get our pitchforks out! Lol :p

- - - Updated - - -

$1 says most of the griping turns out to be based on poor information.

I'll take that and I hope you win!