Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at that... time, temp, miles, kw tics, non-overpowering headlights, etc.. Are all the major complaints addressed?

press01_autopilot_dash.jpg

Nice, but I think I'd prefer the time to be next to the temperature and the battery indicator to be next to the drive mode.

NOTE: The referenced picture had changed since my comment was originally posted. The original picture had the temperature on the bottom left, by the battery indicator and the time on the bottom right, by the drive mode indicator.

Here's the original image:
a861a6c418fcab5fb4d42c892110d68b.jpg

Last edited:
WHERE'S THE DATE?????

Ok, I'm kidding... that's a pretty good start -- but why not just duplicate the 6.2 combo speed/energy meter on the right side panel?

- - - Updated - - -

I also see they greatly reduced the brightness of the headlight wash in front of the toy car. Small but important difference.

I don't like to say I told you so, but...

actually, yeah, I really like it: I told you so.

I don't like to say I told you so, but...

actually, yeah, I really like it: I told you so.

That's fine. I said many times I would like to be wrong.

But it's also quite possible that Tesla heard our complaints loud and clear and made whatever changes they could in the time allowed. So it's a win-win.

I'd still like to see what the non-AP car dashboard looks like.

press01_autopilot_dash.jpg

WHERE'S THE DATE?????

Ok, I'm kidding... that's a pretty good start -- but why not just duplicate the 6.2 combo speed/energy meter on the right side panel?

- - - Updated - - -

I also see they greatly reduced the brightness of the headlight wash in front of the toy car. Small but important difference.

Good work getting this Graphic on the Thread, it seems to have disappeared from the link which now is the standard Model S page.

That's fine. I said many times I would like to be wrong.

But it's also quite possible that Tesla heard our complaints loud and clear and made whatever changes they could in the time allowed. So it's a win-win.

I'd still like to see what the non-AP car dashboard looks like.

Me too. I'm just giving you a hard time, I think this is definitely improved from the early images and I'm glad some of these things made their way back on screen.

Nice, but I think I'd prefer the date to be next to the temperature and the battery indicator to be next to the drive mode.

I can't tell if you a joking, but that does make more sense.

battery/range and gear are related to driving, and time and temp are about your surroundings.

I agree! The placement is kind of un-intuitive. But I won't quibble about that.

Me too. I'm just giving you a hard time, I think this is definitely improved from the early images and I'm glad some of these things made their way back on screen.

To each their own. I liked the old kw meter coupled with wh/mi display. I don't want 1/3 of my display taken by the kw meter (actually, it'll be turned off and something more useful in it's place, I hope...)

I was kind of hoping for a performance car, but thank you for pointing me to an example!

Corvette C4 then :)

- - - Updated - - -

To each their own. I liked the old kw meter coupled with wh/mi display. I don't want 1/3 of my display taken by the kw meter (actually, it'll be turned off and something more useful in it's place, I hope...)

Have we seen the non-AP images yet?

Definitely a huge step back. Or to paraphrase... yes, on a 0 to 100 scale (with perfect dashboard being 100) the new screen shot (compared to the leaked beta) moves us from a 30 to a 35. But I'll simply stay with 6.2 which gives me the 90 that I'm used to. Could still be improved, but is leaps and bounds better than either the beta or the current screen shot.

Have we seen the non-AP images yet?

Not to my knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely a huge step back. Or to paraphrase... yes, on a 0 to 100 scale (with perfect dashboard being 100) the new screen shot (compared to the leaked beta) moves us from a 30 to a 35. But I'll simply stay with 6.2 which gives me the 90 that I'm used to. Could still be improved, but is leaps and bounds better than either the beta or the current screen shot.

I meant that Leaked Beta kw display > 7.0 kw display > 6.2 kw display (Based on the few screenshots I saw. I'll find out soon I hope...)

I've never seen a digital-only speedo. Can you point me to one? My brief search didn't come up with any examples.

In any event, I do understand how an analog gauge would benefit me, though I can see how one who intends to be auto piloted around would draw a different conclusion.

Prius, Honda CR-Z (2011 CR-Z EX CVT - 50+ MPG with Cruise Control - YouTube), Chevy Volt. Basically every car I've had this century except the Model S (until tomorrow).