Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell us how you really feel! :p

:) With this speedomater/power meter, I may just hit update sooner rather than holding out as long as I can. While I agree with others it would have been nice if this was "flattened" to meet the rest of the style language (but leave the layout and what it displays the same), its better than having looked at a car representation with nothing around it for 1/3 of my screen. Now, if they just share the speed limits they gather from these high-precision maps to give us a best guess on what the speed limit is on the road we traveling (identified via GPS info), I'll be on cloud nine.

I just confirmed that an owner with an 85D with A/P was sent the 2.7.40 firmware update today, and just got another notice for a second update (ostensibly the proper 2.7.56 AP update).

So it appears that Tesla still is fast-and-loose with the firmware updates -- they can't even send the right updates to the right cars!!

Here's what us non-AP hardware cars get:
1.)new UI
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqdk2475ovurzsc/Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20a...
2.)More efficient HVAC
3.) "Improved Efficiency
Torque Sleep technology developed for Dual-Motor Model S has now been activated in Rear-Wheel Drive
Model S. When at a standstill, the motor will now completely de-energize and seamlessly re-energize
when needed. Torque sleep and wake-up saves energy and is so fast it’s imperceptible."

My observation: much faster UI. For example. to open the frunk, there was a big pause to get to "open frunk" button, now it's all instant.

1.)new UI
2.)More efficient HVAC
3.) "Improved Efficiency
Torque Sleep technology developed for Dual-Motor Model S has now been activated in Rear-Wheel Drive
Model S. When at a standstill, the motor will now completely de-energize and seamlessly re-energize
when needed. Torque sleep and wake-up saves energy and is so fast it’s imperceptible."

My observation: much faster UI. For example. to open the frunk, there was a big pause to get to "open frunk" button, now it's all instant.

Thanks Muzzman. Can you confirm that your build is 2.7.40? thanks.

1.)new UI
2.)More efficient HVAC
3.) "Improved Efficiency

Weren't we supposed to get some performance improvements too?

I just confirmed that an owner with an 85D with A/P was sent the 2.7.40 firmware update today, and just got another notice for a second update (ostensibly the proper 2.7.56 AP update).

So it appears that Tesla still is fast-and-loose with the firmware updates -- they can't even send the right updates to the right cars!!
Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

But it gets the design intern clock/temperature thingy and lego-land trip meter.
Oh Tesla - this is such a disappointment
The new clock app is just one of many apps that you can select to show in the drivers display. If you don't like it, don't select it! The time and temp are still shown at the top of the center screen.
I like the new UI. The less precise power meter display is not an issue for me.