Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new clock app is just one of many apps that you can select to show in the drivers display. If you don't like it, don't select it! The time and temp are still shown at the top of the center screen.

I don't like being FORCED to EITHER look over to the touchscreen or use up one of two valuable side slots just for a freaking clock!

I like it exactly the way it was.

'Merica.

You missed it because they shrunk the battery icon and put it in the corner where the odometer was, and moved the odometer front and center. Doesn't make sense to me either.

And there is definitely room in the non-AP display to have that same icon and text be one above the other where the odometer currently reads. So a battery icon and below it the rated range remaining. Then the odometer could have been in the 6.2 location or omitted to be only in the Trip App like on the AP-capable cars.

Thanks Muzzman. Can you confirm that your build is 2.7.40? thanks.

Yeah Hank, that's me on the logmysc site with 2.7.40, but that might not necessarily be the "popular" version.

@dala, yes definitely improved. I can hear the compressor really ramp up when I get the the car and it's hot, (I always have range mode on). It gets cooler faster, as well as the fact that I no longer smell exhaust from other cars when I leave it in "auto". That for me was huge. I hate smelling exhaust from other cars.

@Cyclone I don't see in the release notes anything about performance increases, but I do remember reading about it somewhere. (sorry I have no source) but my butt dyno feels a much quicker mid-range/top end.

Muzzman, I know that HWS said he didn't have the TPMS widget with his 2013 MS but I wonder if you checked yours to see if it displayed TPMS info? Any info would be appreciated!

Peace,
Father Bill (Going to Amazon to order third party TPMS system...:crying: just in case)

@Father,
My VIN is about 34k, which is the "older" TPMS and does NOT have the tire pressure widget.

Thanks for the info! I just snagged the last Accutire BT TPMS from Amazon. It will be here on Saturday. Now which will get here first the third party tpms or V7.0? All in all I am pleased with most of what I have seen so far! I still get to drive the best car in the world so I am happy!

Peace,
Father Bill

If one were ok with the older fw, is there any really compelling reason not to just ignore this update in a classic MS?

Hill hold, performance improvements, a/c improvements, and torque sleep really. Personally, I will wait a bit and see once more reports come in. So far I only saw two people showing they have it and I would be worried that it was a "fluke" with 2.7.40 and 2.7.56 would kill off my power/regen meter. I will hold out as long as I can if it means I'll lose 6.2's or 2.7.40's speedo/power meter.