Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to update. The power meter was the thing that was causing me doubts and it looks the same. That is the most important instrument for my driving.

I can live with the other bizarre changes, like switching the locations of the odometer with battery status/range. The battery status and range is much more important and should be front and center. Really baffling decision to swap them and reduce the battery bar. Can't think of a good reason to remove the date, time or temp from the IC either. It wasn't cluttered or in the way of other critical info. None of the info they removed (I assume in the name of less clutter/more critical info priority) will actually accomplish their goal of a more functional interface. A decimal place after the kWh trip meter was not necessary to remove and results in a less functional display. Now I will just have to take my eyes off the road longer than before to see the date/time/temp on the 17in screen. Hopefully these things will be addressed sooner than later, but I can live with them I think.

The 17in screen looks great however. Love the extra real estate gained from removing the faux-chrome-trim and beveled edge graphics.

The trip metres have been very useful to me on trips because I can add the number of miles since last charge plus the number of miles remaining to see if it is greater than the number of miles I charged to. Now to do this, I'll have to look at the 19" screen which really isn't safe because it's not just a glance, it's using the touch screen to change from camera/nav to display.

And what's with giving the ODO the primary place instead of remaining miles?

The only thing I can think of is that the designers not only have never driven a Tesla, they've never even seen one in real life.

For those who have/get v7 on their Classics, does the new hill hold (stays on indefinitely on all inclines until you hit the go-pedal) work on our cars, or does that end up being an AP-only (really, an electromagnetic iBooster only) feature?

I don't have it yet so am not sure but I have been told by EAP members that Hill Hold is only on autopilot cars (it's a feature of the Bosch hybrid braking system they have).

And individual tire pressures are only on the cars with newer TPMS sensors.

But there are apparently some very noticeable drivetrain improvements - better performance and also better economy on RWD cars.

And the climate control is apparently much better at actually hitting the temperature you set it at too.

I don't have it yet so am not sure but I have been told by EAP members that Hill Hold is only on autopilot cars (it's a feature of the Bosch hybrid braking system they have).

And individual tire pressures are only on the cars with newer TPMS sensors.

But there are apparently some very noticeable drivetrain improvements - better performance and also better economy on RWD cars.

And the climate control is apparently much better at actually hitting the temperature you set it at too.

I have a nov 2013 build car vin 25,000 ish and my car currently has hill hold so it's definitely not just for newer cars.

I also paid for the continental tpms to be put on my car beginning of this year so it CAN Be retrod I to us classics. Just have to find a SC willing to do it was $200 plus tax.

Which would be sad if this ends up being the case in the public v7 as well. My 2006 Toyota 4Runner doesn't engage Hill Hold on all grades (vs. the new Tesla Hill Hold would), but it does hold it indefinitely once engaged. I was hoping that would be coming to my S.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a nov 2013 build car vin 25,000 ish and my car currently has hill hold so it's definitely not just for newer cars.

The 6.2 2-second hill hold on some grades or the 7.0 indefinite hill hold on all grades?

I really do love the randomness of the way it's being pushed. Have had my car halfway in the garage and plugged in all day so it can see my wifi to no avail. I'm sure I'll get it as soon as I have to leave on my roadtrip tomorrow.

Wishing and hoping, thinking and praying,
P05283

:) While there are some design choices I would have done differently (the biggest two would be swapping battery power/rated range remaining with center odometer and flattening the speedo to match the rest of the design), my biggest thing is I wanted to speedo/power meter and center digital speed readout to remain the same, so I could be convinced to fetlock v7 on my classic. Had the speedo/power meter been the car icon amongst emptiness, I'd be holding out as long as I could. Thus, I was trying to be nice in my description above. But you are right, it'll be just as good or bad on Sunday as it is today.