Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

My update is complete, vin 38k. My notes DO NOT include the performance and zero-speed improvements mentioned elsewhere. Wtf! Build 2.7.56. The notes for the RWD cars that have AP DO include the performance and zero-speed improvement language, however, as shown in the below screenshot from another thread. So, one of a few things could be going on here:

a) Tesla didn't include the language in our notes as an oversight, but the functionality is in the firmware.
B) there is some difference between the drivetrain in AP cars and our older drivetrains which limits the ability to enact the performance and zero speed improvements
c) this function was held back in our cars intentionally for some reason (yet released in the RWD cars w AP as shown below):
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg
Screenshot referenced in my prior post

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
My update is complete, vin 38k. My notes DO NOT include the performance and zero-speed improvements mentioned elsewhere. Wtf! Build 2.7.56. The notes for the RWD cars that have AP DO include the performance and zero-speed improvement language, however, as shown in the below screenshot from another thread. So, one of a few things could be going on here:

a) Tesla didn't include the language in our notes as an oversight, but the functionality is in the firmware.
B) there is some difference between the drivetrain in AP cars and our older drivetrains which limits the ability to enact the performance and zero speed improvements
c) this function was held back in our cars intentionally for some reason (yet released in the RWD cars w AP as shown below):
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 98099 Screenshot referenced in my prior post
What VIN? What configuration?

brantse

Supporting Member
May 18, 2015
Somerset, PA
I updated and took it out for a little spin. I really want to like the new center graphic and don't think we've really lost any functionality, but I just can't get myself to say I do. I find the forced toy car to look very odd and out of place, without any purpose. I also can't say that I notice any substantial acceleration improvements. I will say that despite hurling the car around for about 15 miles of pretty spirited driving, I was surprised to bring it home at just a few wh/mile over 300. I'm very curious to see if I see any perceivable improvement in range/efficiency.

My 3 year old Signature Model S got the upgrade about 4 PM this afternoon. Tesla Motors made a major improvement with Media adding full screen controls. The car looks good on the dash with the lights off. Signature Labeling is retained with 7.0. For those who have suggestions, remember that 7.1 should be improved, so get your ideas posted soon.

touch7.JPG

dash7.JPG

signature7.jpg

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
I updated and took it out for a little spin. I really want to like the new center graphic and don't think we've really lost any functionality, but I just can't get myself to say I do. I find the forced toy car to look very odd and out of place, without any purpose. I also can't say that I notice any substantial acceleration improvements. I will say that despite hurling the car around for about 15 miles of pretty spirited driving, I was surprised to bring it home at just a few wh/mile over 300. I'm very curious to see if I see any perceivable improvement in range/efficiency.

I find the little car to be useful for knowing whether or not your brake lights are on which is something that I would occasionally use the charge screen to do.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC