Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the classic 7.0 release notes.

IMG_9614.jpg
IMG_9616.jpg
IMG_9617.jpg
IMG_9618.jpg

Here are the classic 7.0 release notes.

View attachment 98091

Interesting that they used a screenshot of the energy history app that is different than what's on the non-AP and the AP cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't appear to be. I have a non-performance model and no mention of performance improvements. Just the improved efficiency.

Maybe only for the P85/P85+? :(

Could this be a situation where these elements where simply left out of the notes, but did make it into the firmware? The AP RWD version of the software does have the performance improvement language (and the "zero speed" improvements) in their notes. Yet it says "rear wheel drive" not "rear wheel drive cars that have autopilot".

Personally I'm really looking forward to this. The quick lock/unlock and the trip computer are both things I've missed. None of the other changes bother me. I can see the time and temperature (and the date as well on the calendar icon) on the center console. I always thought the big battery graphic wasn't that interesting since I only ever look at the number. In fact I generally never look at the energy meter at all unless I'm on a road trip. Unlike an ICE I always know I have plenty of energy for the day. I do use the energy meter, so I'm glad that's still there (and I would have been annoyed if the temperature was missing from the center display like on the beta screen shots).