Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My update is complete, vin 38k. My notes DO NOT include the performance and zero-speed improvements mentioned elsewhere. Wtf! Build 2.7.56. The notes for the RWD cars that have AP DO include the performance and zero-speed improvement language, however, as shown in the below screenshot from another thread. So, one of a few things could be going on here:

a) Tesla didn't include the language in our notes as an oversight, but the functionality is in the firmware.
B) there is some difference between the drivetrain in AP cars and our older drivetrains which limits the ability to enact the performance and zero speed improvements
c) this function was held back in our cars intentionally for some reason (yet released in the RWD cars w AP as shown below):
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg
Screenshot referenced in my prior post

My update is complete, vin 38k. My notes DO NOT include the performance and zero-speed improvements mentioned elsewhere. Wtf! Build 2.7.56. The notes for the RWD cars that have AP DO include the performance and zero-speed improvement language, however, as shown in the below screenshot from another thread. So, one of a few things could be going on here:

a) Tesla didn't include the language in our notes as an oversight, but the functionality is in the firmware.
B) there is some difference between the drivetrain in AP cars and our older drivetrains which limits the ability to enact the performance and zero speed improvements
c) this function was held back in our cars intentionally for some reason (yet released in the RWD cars w AP as shown below):
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 98099Screenshot referenced in my prior post
What VIN? What configuration?

I updated and took it out for a little spin. I really want to like the new center graphic and don't think we've really lost any functionality, but I just can't get myself to say I do. I find the forced toy car to look very odd and out of place, without any purpose. I also can't say that I notice any substantial acceleration improvements. I will say that despite hurling the car around for about 15 miles of pretty spirited driving, I was surprised to bring it home at just a few wh/mile over 300. I'm very curious to see if I see any perceivable improvement in range/efficiency.

My 3 year old Signature Model S got the upgrade about 4 PM this afternoon. Tesla Motors made a major improvement with Media adding full screen controls. The car looks good on the dash with the lights off. Signature Labeling is retained with 7.0. For those who have suggestions, remember that 7.1 should be improved, so get your ideas posted soon.

touch7.JPG

dash7.JPG

signature7.jpg

I updated and took it out for a little spin. I really want to like the new center graphic and don't think we've really lost any functionality, but I just can't get myself to say I do. I find the forced toy car to look very odd and out of place, without any purpose. I also can't say that I notice any substantial acceleration improvements. I will say that despite hurling the car around for about 15 miles of pretty spirited driving, I was surprised to bring it home at just a few wh/mile over 300. I'm very curious to see if I see any perceivable improvement in range/efficiency.

I find the little car to be useful for knowing whether or not your brake lights are on which is something that I would occasionally use the charge screen to do.

Mine is scheduled for install overnight. I debated delaying, but it seems dumb to miss out on potential efficiency and other updates just because I don't like the aesthetics of the new UI.