Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My early 2013 "classic" got it this afternoon. Crap is the best word I can find to describe it. A HIGE step in the wrong direction with the UI IMHO.

I have a few quibbles, but completely disagree with the "HIGE"[sic] step in the wrong direction assessment. The usable area is larger, the interface works much more quickly, on our older models with lower resolution the images appear sharper and more contrasty. Yes, I liked having Trip A/B displayed too...I assume I'll adapt, but meanwhile will hope it's brought back. The AC issue you mentioned is very minor, the AC stays set where you last set it. The clock is stupid looking and I'd like the old time display back where it was. But other than that things like above where you have full screen use for media, the ability now for better working AC, the improved efficiency when stopped, etc. are all steps forward.

I think you need to keep things in perspective. You have a car that can change, update and improve. If you want it to never do that you can buy any old car. Sometimes the downside of this amazing ability to update is that some people won't love every little change that's made. It's called taking the bad with the Amazing.

The screen shot that keeps getting passed around I believe (and could be wrong) is a screen shot of the beta release. I saw it initially buried in 7.0 beta discussion thread. I got my update tonight p85 2013 build p25xxx and other than UI differences I don't see anything different about the car. We'll see this weekend on a road trip with torque sleep does if anything but the car is still pull 3.9 0-60. :mad:

I got it, vin 5884. v7.0 (2.7.56). Just tested Hill Hold. Didn't see any difference. Still holds for only 1 second, still won't engage on nearly flat terrain that still can send the car backwards. The swapping of the odometer and miles remaining is annoying, but I suppose I'll get used to it. Browser seems to be slightly less buggy in that selecting a link before the last page loaded doesn't seem to break it anymore. It still doesn't play nice with Google Sheets. I didn't notice the UI overall being any faster.

I'll have to drive it for a few days to see what the AC improvements are like.

Classic Model S P85+ VIN 48032 updated to 2.7.56 earlier this afternoon. And I've updated the tracker.

Like others, I have a few quibbles with the new look / layout, but I'll get used to it. The model car graphic in the middle of the speedometer / power meter is useful to know when the brake lights are on, albeit a little hard to see the difference in the tail lights at night. At least the model car is accurate enough to include the brake light strip at the top of the rear window, and that's easily discernible at night. I liked the status bar at the bottom of the dashboard display, with useful information only a glance away, and there is less information there with 7.0 now.

The release notes don't mention any performance improvements other than torque sleep for RWD. I don't notice any acceleration improvements, but I have noticed the efficiency seems markedly better even for just a few miles this afternoon.

I don't have individual tire pressures an any screen.

I think you need to keep things in perspective. You have a car that can change, update and improve. If you want it to never do that you can buy any old car. Sometimes the downside of this amazing ability to update is that some people won't love every little change that's made. It's called taking the bad with the Amazing.

I'm all for changes that improved things. My beef is that they changed the basic UI design that I bought into when I purchased the car. It is no "faster" than it was before (on my car, at least) and a lot of the features that I actually used are now gone. I set my a/c manually most of the time and now I can't see what mode it is in on the icon. The trip app on the center screen doesn't have the A and B values. I do care about the "Since Last Charge" value, but don't care about the "Current Trip". If Tesla wanted to change the basic UI, they should have offered user-selectable "skins" like other car makers do.

I'm all for changes that improved things. My beef is that they changed the basic UI design that I bought into when I purchased the car. It is no "faster" than it was before (on my car, at least) and a lot of the features that I actually used are now gone. I set my a/c manually most of the time and now I can't see what mode it is in on the icon. The trip app on the center screen doesn't have the A and B values. I do care about the "Since Last Charge" value, but don't care about the "Current Trip". If Tesla wanted to change the basic UI, they should have offered user-selectable "skins" like other car makers do.

the interface is A LOT faster. You can tell just by looking at the backup lines. The way the lines turn is a lot smoother.