Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's exactly how I kept my 6.2 cluster.
I agree trips on the left... however I do music on the right because I generally don't have the music app up on the MCU.. I have nav on the top and the waze web page on the bottom zoomed further out than the nav is for advanced warning of speed traps and accidents

EDIT: And the turn-by-turn nav then takes the spot of trips when I'm actively routing to a destination... On longer trips I bring up the energy usage app on the MCU periodically because I like to check the predicted SOC on arrival and make sure it isn't way out of line with my miles remaining on the nav...

The only time I do anything different than that is when a) parked and have the back cam up for rear visibility (don't like people creepin' up on me) and b) when I'm searching for a specific station on tune-in (mostly listening to live sports) I bring the music app up briefly otherwise I control it completely from the right steering wheel controls or voice command for songs I want to hear on a whim

Last edited:
My installation finished. Here is a look at what has changed. Doesn't look like we get Spotify which seems to be included in the non-classic 7.1 per other posts on this forum.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452348189.660839.jpg

Last edited:
The clock and temperature placement seem like a basic usability issue - that owners have quickly complained about when new releases were distributed.

Evidently Tesla's software team AND their small group of beta testers didn't think these were an issue.

And with 7.1, the "source list" selector in the media software has disappeared - that some owners also preferred using.

Didn't Musk at one point indicate they planned to have a more open beta process? If they had more owners participating, hopefully more of these issues (and the bugs) would be caught BEFORE the software was released...

I have a request and I hope that perhaps one of you can help me out.

On a Model S which has the autonomous sensors BUT is not an autopilot licensed (AutoPilot Features Not Purchased)
what does the V7 or V7.1 dashboard cluster look like? Is the round somewhat traditional speedo with the small car in the center
what I will see or something else?

I have chosen not to purchase AutoPilot features on my upcoming P90D as I will not really utilize them on the country roads I typically travel.
I have TACC on my Volvo XC60 and have used it perhaps twice a year.

So can someone who has the sensor package and either 7 or 7.1 post a picture of their dash cluster (not the 17" display)

Thanks in advance for this favor!

A little OT but relevant to my prior post in this thread. Just installed 7.1 today and so far am very pleased. Time, Date and Temp back on driver console! I look forward to testing the new wiper frequency with all the rain we've been having. I will try the auto open/close garage door this evening.

I have a request and I hope that perhaps one of you can help me out.

On a Model S which has the autonomous sensors BUT is not an autopilot licensed (AutoPilot Features Not Purchased)
what does the V7 or V7.1 dashboard cluster look like? Is the round somewhat traditional speedo with the small car in the center
what I will see or something else?

I have chosen not to purchase AutoPilot features on my upcoming P90D as I will not really utilize them on the country roads I typically travel.
I have TACC on my Volvo XC60 and have used it perhaps twice a year.

So can someone who has the sensor package and either 7 or 7.1 post a picture of their dash cluster (not the 17" display)

Thanks in advance for this favor!

AP-capable but not enabled cars have almost the exact same interface as the AP-enabled cars. So no speedo. You do get most everything outside of Autosteer, Automatic Speed, and Automatic Parking. Stuff like Emergency Braking, Side Collision warning, etc. are all there. Your car will not show the lines denoting the lane, but it will show essentially the same AP interface. The easiest way to explain it is to look at an AP-enabled car when AutoPilot is NOT engaged and that is the interface you will have.