Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to a Sales Advisor today, and he mentioned that 7.1 is imminent, and includes summoning the car e.g. out of a garage. Not sure how much credibility to give to such statements from Sales Advisors, but let's see...

I'm still skeptical because there is no BIG RED BUTTON.

What are you supposed to do if you're outside of the car, and it's doing something it's not supposed to do?

Rely on the Cell connection from the Phone?
Push something on the remote? What if the battery in the remote is going dead.

Neither of those things have the kind of redundancy needed.

I say this as someone who would absolutely love being out of my car as it parallel parked (Elon promised this with 7.1). Even for stall parking it would be nice.

What are you supposed to do if you're outside of the car, and it's doing something it's not supposed to do?

I say this as someone who would absolutely love being out of my car as it parallel parked (Elon promised this with 7.1). Even for stall parking it would be nice.

I'm saying this tongue in cheek [emoji9] but if you threw yourself in front of a sensor I think it would stop.

The parking sensors on the AP version of the car are definitely way better than non-AP.

As a pretty crazy example, I was backing into my garage a few weeks back and the car said "STOP" on the screen with the accompanied beeps when I was still 6'+ from the opening. I stopped and looked closely at the rear camera. There was... something... there in the driveway. Got out, it was a toad maybe big enough to sit in my hand. It hopped out of the way and the car was happy again.

So, I'm going to have to say that the sensors are pretty sensitive based on that experience.

Talked to a Sales Advisor today, and he mentioned that 7.1 is imminent, and includes summoning the car e.g. out of a garage. Not sure how much credibility to give to such statements from Sales Advisors, but let's see...
I had both parts of this "confirmed" by a little birdy. The summons part, and the "imminent" roll-out. When I pushed the birdy on the the meaning of the word "imminent" they said "you know, Tesla-imminent... we are ready to push today, but need to wait for the go-ahead".

I don't recall where I heard it, but someone mentioned that the "summoning " part requires "training".. in that you drive the route you want the car to take to be "summoned", and it just follows that route with GPS and/or dead-reckoning. So it's not as smart as you would think "come get me >here<" kind of thing where the car hasn't been to >here< before. Same with parking in the garage -- you train it how to do it, and it just repeats that.

I think that's actually useful for parking in tight garages, etc. One of the concerns people here had expressed when this feature was talked about in the past was that the car wouldn't be willing to park in tight garages or what-have-you, because of all the warnings that the sensors set off when we as owners are parking in those tight spots. But if the car is just going to allow us to "train" it, and then replicate what we've done, that should work.

As a pretty crazy example, I was backing into my garage a few weeks back and the car said "STOP" on the screen with the accompanied beeps when I was still 6'+ from the opening. I stopped and looked closely at the rear camera. There was... something... there in the driveway. Got out, it was a toad maybe big enough to sit in my hand. It hopped out of the way and the car was happy again.
Try that with a cat sleeping under the car. Or simply a good fluffy cat - fur sometimes confuses sensors.

7.1 v2.9.154 is out!

Version 7.1 (v2.9.154)
- Spotify streaming service
- HomeLink: Auto Open/Close
- Vehicle Lock Iimprovements
- Display Auto-Brightness
- Supercharger Site Availability
- Trip Planner Improvements
- Additional Improvements

10364_1081565351878459_3261648854621991147_n.jpg
1538_1081567101878284_3160947054549469168_n.jpg
3704_1081567168544944_1956838860089320663_n.jpg
12509516_1081567198544941_4142371243344679872_n.jpg

Updated the tracker, but 7.1 is only listed as beta in the tracker.

I don't see anything about add'l auto parking capabilities in those notes so I guess that's not ready yet.

I have a "Software Update Available" notice on my Model S right now (currently on version 2.9.77) so I assume that is 7.1 I'm installing now. Will update when done.

Mike

It's possible the additional parking and garage features will be released in the US first as a separate 7.1 release. I had heard as well that those two features were imminent. Honestly, I'd give up both for Spotify (in the US). Just the integration is fine; I'll supply my own account since Tesla is providing slacker (although I'd give up slacker entirely if Tesla wants to provide a Spotify account).

It's possible the additional parking and garage features will be released in the US first as a separate 7.1 release. I had heard as well that those two features were imminent. Honestly, I'd give up both for Spotify (in the US). Just the integration is fine; I'll supply my own account since Tesla is providing slacker (although I'd give up slacker entirely if Tesla wants to provide a Spotify account).

Started a new thread for 7.1. Looks like Autoparking is in the US release.

Firmware 7.1

Good stuff - imminent really meant imminent for once on this one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Red button is your key fob (more like a black button :) )

Has anyone else that had their original AutoPilot firmware form 10-15-2015 updated seen their rear heated seats disappear? Since I was updated to 2.9.40, and then 2.9.77 to see if it would fix it, we have lost our rear heated seats from the menu.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Took my S70D in for a tire rotation on Friday and was upgraded to 2.9.77 and now my rear seat heating option is not available. I also have the executive seat option. Let's hope the bug is fixed in 7.1.