Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an interesting error message in my IC after having used AutoSteer fine for a while. The car came to a complete stop since I was behind a car waiting for a traffic light, but I got the HOLD message so it didn't resume starting forward by itself.

I then pressed somewhat abruptly on the accelerator pedal to get going again (I do still enjoy INSANE every day!) and that's when AutoSteer and TACC both turned off. I couldn't resume either one, and the below warning didn't go away until I parked and turned the car off:

IMG_2052.jpg

I found the speed sign growth to be one of the least useful items, to the point where I considered (for about 10nS) turning the chimes back on. I don't know about others, but I don't check the IC at least once every 5 seconds nor do I believe this is safe; rather I want the info there when I do check - it would actually be more helpful to just have the sign larger all the time if higher than the offset amount

I agree 100%. Make the sign red or something (maybe not red, that'd be distracting), but a different color. The extra 7 pixels they added to the speed limit sign (even if they kept it big) would be hard to discern by just glancing at it.

I agree 100%. Make the sign red or something (maybe not red, that'd be distracting), but a different color. The extra 7 pixels they added to the speed limit sign (even if they kept it big) would be hard to discern by just glancing at it.

Hey, I'm No UI designer (nor do I play one on TV), though let me pretend for a moment.
I don't want blinking or pulsating icon as moving items attract the eye
I don't want something garish in color that runs counter to legal signage (for association)
I do prefer the old style of helping you understand how *much* you're above the offset speed limit

What about something that the speed limit "sits" on, akin to something "filling" up in the background of the sign?
I believe/hope TM have UI designers that are thinking of this, though I would really like something that shows how much over I'm driving, as sometimes I just miss the limit change...

Hey, I'm No UI designer (nor do I play one on TV), though let me pretend for a moment.
I don't want blinking or pulsating icon as moving items attract the eye
I don't want something garish in color that runs counter to legal signage (for association)
I do prefer the old style of helping you understand how *much* you're above the offset speed limit

What about something that the speed limit "sits" on, akin to something "filling" up in the background of the sign?
I believe/hope TM have UI designers that are thinking of this, though I would really like something that shows how much over I'm driving, as sometimes I just miss the limit change...

You know that sliding bar thing that fills up as you're approaching a turn when you use the nav? Something like that would work great going from 0 to the maximum speed of the car, and once you're over the speed limit, have it change colors. It could be a few pixels wide right next to the speed limit sign.

But I don't see that happening, then all the UI purist will start complaining "but wait, it doesn't have enough resolution" or "it needs more than just 2 tick marks" or "let's put it on the 17" display" ;)

I got blue cars above 18 mph.
I thought this was "locked onto vehicle" based on confidence, i.e. Usually closer, though not limited to 18mph?

/OT I too often get red cars going above 18mph, though that's a different story ;-) "Bless" Seattle drivers and the ability to both cut in front and then brake causing collision alert to go off even when set to medium on TACC distance 5

I found the speed sign growth to be one of the least useful items, to the point where I considered (for about 10nS) turning the chimes back on. I don't know about others, but I don't check the IC at least once every 5 seconds nor do I believe this is safe; rather I want the info there when I do check - it would actually be more helpful to just have the sign larger all the time if higher than the offset amount

I definitely agree with this. There's really no reason the sign shouldn't just remain larger the entire time the limit is being exceeded.

I saw this font bug yesterday and today in .77. IIRC, both times I got in the car with the right scroll wheel set to control sunroof (been getting great ~70F weather this week), I switched to the media player on the 17" screen, then switched the right wheel to control media source and used it to switch from AM radio to USB where I had the next podcast episode ready to play. The text remained like that for the entire morning commute (all on one episode) and was back to normal for the evening commute. FYI, I switch the media source away from USB overnight because that's the only way to pause USB without the car unpausing by itself when it wakes up at 5AM and ending up 3+ hours ahead when I get in.
IMG_20151105_081340.jpg

Got 2.7.106 this morning. I have the temperature on the front dash now. Anything else to look out for? From the firmware tracker site, it looks like not many people have this version yet.
I received the OTA software update notification as well (I have already 2.7.77), but still didn't accept the update. Could you please check whether there are any changes to autopilot functionality or an HVAC heating improvement?