Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with this ^^. Tesla shouldn't be reacting to the squeaky wheel, they need to do the right thing that makes the most sense. Having the time, date, day and date of week and temp on the center screen allows the driver and passengers to see it. We don't need three clocks or multiple dates in an attempt to make a few people happy.

The time and temperature are small, and take up very little screen real estate. I definitely think they belong on the 17" display, where passengers can see them. But I can also understand the view of those that want them on the instrument cluster. I don't think it is that big of a deal to put those things in both places. The clock we don't need, though it too is not bothering anyone, is the large one that has to take up one of the two spots in the IC.

I just got notice of another firmware update.

Still sticking with 6.2.

Why would you do that?

Try it, you'll like it, even without AP.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla may not feel this is a bug, but a design decision.
If this were true, you wouldn't be able to change the volume while reversing. But you can change volume. Just can't mute.

What's not to like? I haven't seen anything that isn't an objective improvement or reasonable engineering tradeoff.

Well, I have a "classic" Model S so there were no substantial performance improvements. Torque Sleep was supposedly added to RWD cars for improved efficiency, but I see none. HVAC has been an unmitigated disaster. I can't keep the car warm unless I am constantly tweaking the settings and even then, it can't hold a temperature. The UI is a HUGE step backwards. Aside from being ugly (yes, an opinion) a lot of functionality that I had come to like and depend on has been removed. I can barely see the center dash in sunlight etc. etc.

People requested a bunch of stuff back on IC, and on basis of that, Tesla added back time and temp in next update. That was responsive.

Responsive, yes. But again, it's like an infinite number of monkeys -- eventually they'll get it right (hopefully).

Yes, a lot of us wanted the day, date, time, and temp back on the IC, just like it was before.

TESLA: THIS DID NOT MEAN "MOVE" this info from the touchscreen. THIS MEANT "ADD IT BACK".

And a clock and temp in both places actually does make sense for the driver and the passengers. It doesn't need to be one place or the other. BOTH ARE NEEDED. And calling it "three clocks" doesn't make sense -- it's only "three clocks" if you put up the idiotic fisher-price analog clock on the side display.

Yes, a lot of us wanted the day, date, time, and temp back on the IC, just like it was before.

TESLA: THIS DID NOT MEAN "MOVE" this info from the touchscreen. THIS MEANT "ADD IT BACK".

And a clock and temp in both places actually does make sense for the driver and the passengers. It doesn't need to be one place or the other. BOTH ARE NEEDED.

Agreed 100%. The temperature display on the center 17" display takes a minimal amount of room, and would avoid questions from passengers such as "what's the outside temperature right now?"

What functionality has been removed? Some has moved, such as power/regen now on a selectable app -- oh wait, you still have that on non-AP cars. So, what has been removed????

Off the top of my head: Units removed from the Y-axis on the energy graph (center dash); Trip A and Trip B removed from the Trip Meter (center dash); indicators to show HVAC mode from the HVAC button gone (17" display); Date gone (from center dash); Temperature Display gone (17" display); Useful Battery Gauge in the center gone and replaced with useless "toy car" graphic; New battery gauge now the smallest "fuel gauge" I've ever seen on a car; PRND indicator moved to awkward location... and I'm not even going to get in to how poor the UI is compared to before.

Not this again...

+1. For people who just updated, plz go back 50 pages, you'll find all the opinions.

... and here I was just getting ready to post my top 20 reasons to stay on 6.2 :)

btw, between people posting here and PMing me I know of more people staying on 6.2 than people who have reported having received 2.9.12 :) ... add to that that the people who wish they could upgrade back to 6.2 and the people who were forced by a SC visit to downgrade to v7... it's a substantial number of owners who prefer 6.2...

I'm not sure what you mean by "climate tab interface". Do you mean the small pictures showing the different status of HVAC equipment? If so, no, still only a simple button.

I find HVAC a little bit better on 2.9.12. A/C is mostly ON in cold weather now (Auto setting), helping keeping condensation to a minimum... but still getting foggy trunk and back windows.

This is completely a software system. It would be a trivial software addition to allow each user profile to have it's own customization of what is shown where and in what color scheme. Unless their software department is even worse than I think, all that stuff is defined by a set of tables, it wouldn't even take any actual code changes.

Even better, open up the API, or at least the UI part for third party apps.

Agreed, provided they make sure each and every bit of code offered to Tesla owners has been thoroughly tested and malware free before release (think Apple vs Android).

Tesla should definitely open things up a bit more, that's for sure. If they do offer some kind of app store or something they should definitely review things thoroughly.

But let's not perpetuate the false propaganda that Apple is immune to malware/viruses/etc...