Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it downloads a different set of data or the image includes both S & X fw

The way it works is there is a hardware configuration sent to Tesla's servers which contains which modules and devices are present, (and their versions) then Tesla builds a package for that particular car. So for instance if you don't have a Pano, the firmware bundle wont include the firmware for the sunroof control module (SUN in Tesla's nomenclature).

So on your Model S, you wouldn't receive something like the firmware for the Falcon wing doors.

The way it works is there is a hardware configuration sent to Tesla's servers which contains which modules and devices are present, (and their versions) then Tesla builds a package for that particular car. So for instance if you don't have a Pano, the firmware bundle wont include the firmware for the sunroof control module (SUN in Tesla's nomenclature).

So on your Model S, you wouldn't receive something like the firmware for the Falcon wing doors.

That seems complex but very intelligent. Thanks for the insight.

I finally got opportunity to drive the same route yesterday - almost two round trips.
I have to say, there is no timed nag - now that I used a stop watch to observe it. Maybe the fact of observing it changed its behavior :rolleyes:
There was not much nag this time, the same 35 minutes or so I got nagged maybe 5 times at different intervals (while the first time I got nagged way over 20 times). I am not sure what changed as both days were sunny.
Maybe the camera had some fogging? (I had first auto-pilot unavailable warning a couple days ago specifically indicating front view camera limited view - so I turned on the defrost and autopilot came back in a few seconds).

In any case, I am happy that I was wrong about the timed nag... Autopilot driving is so much better with much less stress!

Maybe the next time you could ask someone to take a video of this for you for a few minutes and post it. I'm on 2.9.40 and not seeing a timed nag.

Same here. Not a single OTA update since 7.0 on my 85D.

3x ... Good to know it's not just my car. (edit: well I was offered that one point upgrade, but it was pulled before I could consider installing and nothing offered since).

As a heavy Autopilot user I'm totally trepidatious about installing new upgrades now, but there will eventually be enough new good stuff and hopefully no new restrictions / nags.

Has anyone had the same experience as I have where Firmware hasn't been pushed to my vehicle since the original autopilot update?

Same here. Not a single OTA update since 7.0 on my 85D.

3x ... Good to know it's not just my car.

I haven't been updated since the initial release of version 7 either. It looks like many people are actually in that situation. You can tell by taking a look at the numbers in the firmware update tracker:

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App.

I find this quite ironic. Every time they push a new build to my car I get a notification on my phone (and the nagging to downgrade to v7 starts again). By my count I received 4 different flavors ota and one at the sc last week.
I wish they'd allow the owner of the car more control. A switch that says "give me every update you have" / "leave me alone"

I find this quite ironic. Every time they push a new build to my car I get a notification on my phone (and the nagging to downgrade to v7 starts again). By my count I received 4 different flavors ota and one at the sc last week.
I wish they'd allow the owner of the car more control. A switch that says "give me every update you have" / "leave me alone"
There's an option to turn off software update notifications on my iPhone -- triple-bar icon at top left; Notifications; Application. I don't know if it works to turn them off, as I've not done that.

There's an option to turn off software update notifications on my iPhone -- triple-bar icon at top left; Notifications; Application. I don't know if it works to turn them off, as I've not done that.
It's not the notification on the iPhone that bugs me. It's that every morning when I get in my car it nags me to upgrade. It stops doing so after about four weeks. But I only got to that point once and two days later they pushed the next update to my car. So I wish there was an option to tell the car to stop bugging me. I don't want v7. I'll let you know when I change my mind. Most likely what will happen is that the next thing in my car will break (I had quite a few replacements already) and then the SC will force me onto v7. But until that sad day I'd just prefer the car allowed me, the OWNER of said car, to stay at the firmware that I want.

Had 2.9.74 push to my car today. Just got done installing, and it hasn't fixed my airbag/seatbelt warnings. Waiting to hear back from service with the next step. :crying:
So based on the tracker you got .68 from a Ranger and then .74 OTA. Did you (or the Ranger) request an update to try fix those warnings? Or was this really just a random update? This is the only Model S with .74 in the tracker :)
dpodoll is the only other Model S (a 70D) who has mentioned .74 but hasn't entered it into the tracker...

Had 2.9.74 push to my car today. Just got done installing, and it hasn't fixed my airbag/seatbelt warnings. Waiting to hear back from service with the next step. :crying:

Since 2 firmware installs of 2 different versions didn't fix, I wonder if it is not a bad sensor that just coincidentally began to malfunction around the time you installed an update? At any rate, you have service engaged, so hopefully will get diagnosed soon.

So based on the tracker you got .68 from a Ranger and then .74 OTA. Did you (or the Ranger) request an update to try fix those warnings? Or was this really just a random update? This is the only Model S with .74 in the tracker :)
dpodoll is the only other Model S (a 70D) who has mentioned .74 but hasn't entered it into the tracker...

The ranger was here on Tuesday and installed .68. I didn't want to bug the ranger too much over the holiday, so I called the 24/365 number on Wednesday and told them about the issues. I never heard a word from them, but got the notice this morning that I had a pending update. Waiting for a callback now.

Since 2 firmware installs of 2 different versions didn't fix, I wonder if it is not a bad sensor that just coincidentally began to malfunction around the time you installed an update? At any rate, you have service engaged, so hopefully will get diagnosed soon.

Yea. I'm beginning to come to that possible realization too. Hope it doesn't take long to resolve. Don't like the idea of either my wife or I driving around in a car that may or may not have airbags.

Three versions of 7.0 (the latest being 2.9.74) and the heating problem in my S is not only still there, it's gotten worse with each update.

Now, the heat is essentially random. That is, after about 20 min of no heat, the heat starts coming thru in driver's dash vents OR passenger dash vents but not both. And then whatever is putting out heat may stop putting out heat after a while. Totally random.

I took the car to service twice. No joy. And I'm headed back to NM (with its blizzard conditions) tomorrow with random mostly non-operative heat. Great.

Just throwing this out to whoever gets to name an update. If its heater based the name HotMess at least makes me chuckle :)

I am on .40 with a 70D and noticed something new. At least for me.

When I went to a Supercharger the door popped open for me when I got out of my car and walked to the charger.

New? Old? Fluke?