Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not saying it isn't connected, but it also could have been timing. A group of us meet regularly at the Charlotte Supercharger for lunch and one of our jokes on each other is to wait till one person closes their charge port door and then we click the button on our car. The cars are close enough that their door opens. So it could have been someone unplugging just as you walked up.

Has anyone had the same experience as I have where Firmware hasn't been pushed to my vehicle since the original autopilot update?

Waiting for a seat replacement to come in so it will be going in to service soon. Just wondering

I'm still on the original autopilot update as well. In my case it's not a big deal because there hasn't really been any significant updates/fixes that's applicable. In your case though I'd be a little more irked because they introduced launch mode for the P85D.

I do find it troubling how Tesla has been handling the V7.0 updates. With the V6.2 they'd release updates fairly regularly, and it seemed like most people got them. Occasionally gremlins would be introduced, and in the next update Tesla would correct them. There wasn't anything majorly troubling. Sure there was some discussions of needing to do more field testing before releasing, but nothing too major. In the firmware tracker people used names like Weird Al, or Buzz Lightyear.

With V7.0 though something seems to have shifted. I stopped getting any of the updates, and lots of the updates have a tiny amount of reported installs. It's as if Tesla switched to testing things out on a small amount of cars, but there isn't anything clear from the release notes as to what changed. So what are they using as a feedback mechanism? The people they are releasing these updates to didn't consent to this. The beta test people who signed the NDA (or something similar to an NDA) did.

As a result in the firmware tracker we have names like HeaterGate, and Digital Static.

- - - Updated - - -

The way it works is there is a hardware configuration sent to Tesla's servers which contains which modules and devices are present, (and their versions) then Tesla builds a package for that particular car. So for instance if you don't have a Pano, the firmware bundle wont include the firmware for the sunroof control module (SUN in Tesla's nomenclature).

So on your Model S, you wouldn't receive something like the firmware for the Falcon wing doors.

I kinda wish there was a thread/section called "This is how your Model S works", and posts like this one would be in there.

This does seem like it would be overly complicated, but with so many different versions of hardware this is really the only way Tesla could possibly update cars.

Got 2.9.74 installed today!
IMG_0079.jpg

Has anyone had the same experience as I have where Firmware hasn't been pushed to my vehicle since the original autopilot update?

Waiting for a seat replacement to come in so it will be going in to service soon. Just wondering

I am also still with the original 7.0 update. P85D here. I wonder if there is a problem with the original 7.0 update that prevents subsequent OTA updates. The reason I am wondering is this new 15 minute service inspection screen has popped up on my Tesla homepage.
image.png

I am also still with the original 7.0 update. P85D here. I wonder if there is a problem with the original 7.0 update that prevents subsequent OTA updates. The reason I am wondering is this new 15 minute service inspection screen has popped up on my Tesla homepage.View attachment 106287

Pretty sure that screen is there because of the seat belt issue. Has it been a few weeks since you last logged in to your MyTesla account?

My warning on My Tesla took several weeks to disappear. I drove to the SC the day the announcement happened and went thorough the process finding no problems, yet it took a few weeks for the prompt to disappear from My Tesla. I just checked, and it's gone now, but wasn't before Christmas when I last checked. I think we all need to just chill out a bit -- it appears this prompt isn't real-time updating, which is fine by me. Time to move one to more important things (like getting known and acknowledged firmware problems resolved, vs. new features that gain publicity.)

Next!

Got my MS trailered back from the Minneapolis service center today after the mystery Airbag/Seatbelt warning, and CC/AP not working. Turned out it was a coincidental failure of the seatbelt clasp. Apparently it has some kind of two stage engagement, and it was only indicating one of the two stages. Hence the text warning without the actual seatbelt light and chime. Weird.

Anyway...car returned with 2.9.77. As noted above, no apparent changes to release notes. Updated tracker.