Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall impression? Was it worth the wait? ;)

For my very limited, sleepy run: yes, with a couple of caveats.

First, I don't trust autosteer at all on surface streets, at least for now. It almost ran me into the median after crossing an intersection.

Second, autosteer seems to want to take an exit once in a while instead of staying in the lane that would keep you on the highway (even with Nav engaged,

Lastly, the "nag" feature that tells you to "hold the steering wheel" seems pretty aggressive - it seemed like every 1 minute, and after about 2 minutes of ignoring it the car started to slow down.

Much more testing to be done obviously, but autosteer seems to work well. As for the user interface, we definitely lost some details, information, and precision of information (e.g. power meter ticks).

First, I don't trust autosteer at all on surface streets, at least for now. It almost ran me into the median after crossing an intersection.

Second, autosteer seems to want to take an exit once in a while instead of staying in the lane that would keep you on the highway (even with Nav engaged,

Lastly, the "nag" feature that tells you to "hold the steering wheel" seems pretty aggressive - it seemed like every 1 minute, and after about 2 minutes of ignoring it the car started to slow down.

Much more testing to be done obviously, but autosteer seems to work well. As for the user interface, we definitely lost some details, information, and precision of information (e.g. power meter ticks).

How does it know if you're holding onto the steering wheel or not? What's the point of autosteering if you have to hold onto the wheel??

Woke up just shy of 5:30am here on the East Coast and went down to the car and saw an update was available! Started it immediately and at 5:30am the update process was under way. I TRIED to go back asleep and well almost an hour later you can see how. Seeing as that the process takes almost two hours I'm going to try again after posting this. So excited though to test this out when its done!

2015-10-15 06.02.17.jpg

It's exactly reviews like this that made me think Tesla should turn off Auto-Learning for a week or two. I feel like the data received for at least the next few days will be people pushing some major boundaries.

This is, however, one of my favorite things about Teslas auto pilot. You can activate it where it's explicitly not designed for.

Bottom line, Tesla is the new leader in autonomous driving because of the analytical freedom they have allowed their owners.