Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So nav is not an input to the function?

Didn't seem like it but that was just for one exit (I passed several and it was fine). Lots more testing to be done before making any conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

MarcG do you have the battery max power heating function where you have the sport/Insane option?

Indeed, and I show that in the video.

Max power setting is there for P85D Insane.

Media player UI full screen mode now shows the source/station selector on the bottom half, a nice touch.

Web browser seems slightly faster, but still no where near any modern phone or tablet.

TPMS shows "--" for all 4 wheels at least while parked.

Looking forward to taking it on the road in a few hours.

Installing now. Thinking I probably ought to get some sleep before trying it out. :)

Update: Finished installing about 30 minutes ago (at 4:38 MDT). Spent the time since then running through the changes (really like how quick and easy it is to lock the doors after getting in but wonder why the new tire pressure feature is not showing pressure).

Too tired to try driving or further reading now (been up all night with my astronomy duties) but I look forward to trying it all out this afternoon.

VIDEO: First public 7.0 Autopilot release with autosteer test drive

Per the Firmware 7.0 thread, I got the notification that a new software update was available.
Turns out it was 7.0, so I'm really glad I stayed up tonight to update my P85D and go for a quick test drive!

Here's the 26-minute video of my first attempt at autosteer and auto lane-change:

PS: it's taking a long time for YouTube to process it, so if you get an error playing it back please try again a little later. Need to catch up on sleep!

Last edited by a moderator:
Took my car out just now. Loving the auto steer and auto lane change.

A few notes.

* If you are in the left lane and you come near a turning lane it loses the left line and instead of holding to the right line it will drift and last minute catch up.
* It has the same problem on the interstate with exit ramps, at least once it did
* The steering at times can be a bit sudden, not as smooth, but it stays in the lane.
* Had once incident where it should have been fine, but it seemed to think the lane moved and it jerked the wheel to the right. That was a bit concerning. It was at an intersection and shot me towards the pole holding the traffic lights.

A couple more photos

Weights are updated. Now we know the curb weight of the P90D and 90D and that there doesn't seem to be a change.

IMG_0768.jpg

Loving the tire pressure

IMG_0769.jpg

I don't believe "Current Trip" was on the trips screen before. Trip widget on the dash has it too. Kind of nice, telling you how long you've been driving time and distance and Wh.

IMG_0777.jpg

What is the "lag" like when switching between screens? For example, rear view camera, web browser, nav. Any different to 6.2? The lag seems to be getting longer and longer with each "upgrade."

I notice the lag looks extremely minimal in the scant few Model X videos I've seen... wondering if that is just a faster computer or not.