Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P90D (running 6.2) connected via home WiFi, and plugged in
- 01:41AM Software Update is Available
- 05:27AM Started Update
Still updating at 6:41AM, but car is dead except for lights and nothing shows on screen. Hope this is part of it?
Still a while to go if update is 2:15 long

Update: 7:10 update complete notification received from Tesla app on iPhone

That was pretty quick!

Last edited:
Kind of glad I didn't wait up for it.

According to my traffic logs the car started the download at 4:06AM ET. Interestingly enough, it didn't download over Tesla's VPN like it normally does so it didn't trigger my alert I had setup. It fetched what looks like an encrypted package from an HTTP server. The update was 208MB.

I started the install at about 8:30AM, so, hoping to take it out for a spin in the next hour or so. :)

Edit: I'll note that my wife's P85 (pre-AP) did NOT receive an update yet.

According to my traffic logs the car started the download at 4:06AM ET. Interestingly enough, it didn't download over Tesla's VPN like it normally does so it didn't trigger my alert I had setup. It fetched what looks like an encrypted package from an HTTP server. The update was 208MB.

I started the install at about 8:30AM, so, hoping to take it out for a spin in the next hour or so. :)

PM me that link!

I did not experience that. It only asked me to hold the wheel twice during the 20 mile commute and that was while going around fairly sharp curves.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, but the coffee was too weak and had too much creamer. It will probably improve with version 7.1.
Really? How disappointing. I want my money back; I wanted to have espresso. Must I wait for version 7.1.5 or will it be 7.2?
Finally a justifiable reason to ridicule the haters!:wink:

Hi WK. completely off topic but how did you collect this data?

What are you talking about having to keep your hands on the steering wheel? See my pictures - mine was driving without my hands on the steering wheel. Although you should certainly keep them ready just in case. If you are referring to the legal warnings - well obviously the lawyers are going to require the disclaimer that your hands must be on the steering wheel.

When I tried to drive without them on the wheel it would eventually beep and tell me to put them on the wheel.

PM me that link!

It seems to be a one time use link.......... but I have the data. :cool: Not sure if it's car specific or not, though, so not planning on sharing.

Hi WK. completely off topic but how did you collect this data?

My home network is run through a linux based router machine, which I use to log traffic to/from the Model S's WiFi connections, among other things. :)

Last edited:
I did not experience that. It only asked me to hold the wheel twice during the 20 mile commute and that was while going around fairly sharp curves.
Good to hear. I wonder why MarcG had more nag, his highway driving had was well demarcated. Wonder if there's less nag if it's a highway and multiple commuters are around you.