Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can also confirm that my morning commute (which is 20 miles on mostly straight interstate) it did not once ask me to intervene or put my hands on the steering wheel. This included numerous auto lane changes.

It was actually a little weird. I didn't know where to put my hands...

Freakin' awesome!

Mike

Took the car for a 30 minute drive on and off the highway. Highway worked almost flawlessly even changing lanes but when approaching an exit it started to go off before it corrected itself. On the surface streets it drives like a 16 year old drunk driver. swerving back and forth to stay on in the middle of the lane (we have crummy roads and markings here in Michigan). One time it scarred the crap out of me as the road was curving left and turn right lane opened up and it started going that way ( there was a car there too). I don't know what it would have done because I instantly took control but it could have been ugly. The only thing the autopilot is good for on surface streets is if you are in stop and crawl traffic.

Highway A-
Surface streets C-

Marc, thanks for your video, it was quite interesting. I live on the SF peninsula and am very familiar with the route you took so that helped me understand the car's Autopilot behavior. I think it did very well overall, though of course it wasn't as good as you could do. The Auto Lane Change behavior seemed good, but it's clear that the driver has to first determine if a lane change will be safe since the ultrasonics can't "see" beyond about 16 ft and a car rapidly approaching from behind won't be detected from a distance. However I suspect that Autopilot will[ be able to respond quickly enough to avoid an impact. QUOTE=MarcG;1194540]Nice Seesaw, thanks for sharing.
So my 26-minute video in 1080p seems to have FINALLY been processed by YouTube:
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a certain order they are releasing the software in? I was one of the first deliveries with autopilot sensors... but that was because I bought before the announcement and just got lucky. Delivered Sept 30th. Another user on here with same exact car make up got delivered the day before with no sensors. So I know I am close to one of the first. I expected to be on of the first to get my software update as well?

Took the car for a 30 minute drive on and off the highway. Highway worked almost flawlessly even changing lanes but when approaching an exit it started to go off before it corrected itself. On the surface streets it drives like a 16 year old drunk driver. swerving back and forth to stay on in the middle of the lane (we have crummy roads and markings here in Michigan). One time it scarred the crap out of me as the road was curving left and turn right lane opened up and it started going that way ( there was a car there too). I don't know what it would have done because I instantly took control but it could have been ugly. The only thing the autopilot is good for on surface streets is if you are in stop and crawl traffic.

Highway A-
Surface streets C-

You should try that curve again. I'm curious how your feedback changes what it will do next time. Afterall, it's always learning.

Is there a certain order they are releasing the software in? I was one of the first deliveries with autopilot sensors... but that was because I bought before the announcement and just got lucky. Delivered Sept 30th. Another user on here with same exact car make up got delivered the day before with no sensors. So I know I am close to one of the first. I expected to be on of the first to get my software update as well?

No, there is no order people have been able to figure out.

Please, please! New owners read this. It describes what we know about update process. Including time frames to deploy (always longer then expected), and sequence (appears random, though some releases targeted towards cars with affected hardware... e.g., auto pilot in this case). Do not worry about days. If you want to start worrying, give it at least 2 weeks. Don't believe Tesla's quick deployment until we see it happen. All prior releases have taken weeks or months.

Kind of glad I didn't wait up for it.

According to my traffic logs the car started the download at 4:06AM ET. Interestingly enough, it didn't download over Tesla's VPN like it normally does so it didn't trigger my alert I had setup. It fetched what looks like an encrypted package from an HTTP server. The update was 208MB.

I started the install at about 8:30AM, so, hoping to take it out for a spin in the next hour or so. :)

Edit: I'll note that my wife's P85 (pre-AP) did NOT receive an update yet.

Let us know if you have any luck decrypting it. Can you provide the host name of the HTTP server at the very least?