Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're totally right, this is much less noticeable.
At a minimum, the dotted arc should become orange colored...and as others mentionned, we need more gradation points!

Of course, also answered your poll on battery pre-heat...a must for us in cold winter areas!

To be fair, I should have pointed out that the dotted line was yellowish or something. My camera-phone didn't do a good job of picking up the color difference. I'll go back and edit that now, to make that point.

IMG_6306.JPG
With the car in reverse or drive there is actually an exclamation near the yellow regen indicator as well, but it goes away after just a few seconds. This photo was my attempt at capturing it, after I realized when I had put the car back into park it had gone away. I only realized just now, when I wanted to upload the photo here, that I had failed to capture the exclamation point because I had not been quick enough to do so. You'll have to imagine the exclamation point.

I somehow think this regen limit notification is less noticeable than what we had before. Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you.

Here's a pic. The warning persists for 10 seconds, then clears, which I think is too short though it's better than nothing. There's also no notification when full regen becomes available.
IMG_6306.JPG

Hey K! We met at the Folsom Supercharger. Nice ride again, and nice chatting with you. As you can see from my post from yesterday in this thread, I then used AP most of the way back to the city.
Today, we are going to Half-Moon Bay (via San Mateo SC). Unsure if I'll use it much on the 92. It is a bit tight...

Hey @e-FTW. We should have just exchanged usernames haha! I also went to run the 5k today in HMB and Autopilot on 92 is not the best because of the sharp turns and several 180-degree switchbacks. I tried to engage it at every possible segment, but it was pretty spotty. I do agree that the more traffic there is, the happier AP is though. Drive safe and enjoy the traffic back tonight!

Separately, I've run the car low enough to get the power arc warning on the upper end. It looks the same with the ! triangle for about 10 seconds, then the triangle goes away. The dotted lines stay.

- K

Last edited:
By the way, what address did you use? It's never been clear to me how to reach Tesla by email for anything other than service issues – and even for service issues phone seems more reliable.

I used ServiceHelpNA at teslamotors dot com. Note that I just asked them to forward as appropriate, hopefully they'll send it to the right place.

Bruce.

Update was pushed to my car early TH morning, but, was out of town till late last night.

I mentioned in the Beta thread I am dyslexic and was concerned about the update. I actually like it more than 6.2 (ducks from flying objects)

Clean and flat work better for my brain matter. That being said I really miss overall Miles driven and wish it was not nestled into Trips (I am on a lease and calculate often :) ). I also miss the regen information but almost wonder if they can make that a line below the MPH.

I have a 45 mile each way drive to my dad in a nursing home, 60 miles each way to my moms and 50 mile each way to the airport. All of those drives I am looking for a little bit of an easier time.

I got to try autopilot for the first time on the way to see my dad today. I am one happy kid.

First off, thanks to many of you for pointing some things out. I was ready for them to possibly happen and felt more comfortable using it than without the feedback of this forum.

I took the 210 to Redlands and the car response for the most part was great. No wiggling in the lane at all. My guess is because the lines are pretty prominent. It did however want to exit a few times from the HOV lane when it was transitioning from the dashed white line to the double orange line.

It also wanted to exit a few times when I was in the slow lane.

I then took the 10 - 215 - 210 home. The car acted like the drunk car some people have talked about. Especially on the 10 out in the IE. The lines are not painted as prominently there.

Also, it freaked out on the 215 - 210 connection which a is a big curve.

My hands were very very close to the wheel the whole time and when it went into these little shenanigans it was very easy to take the wheel and correct it.

It was a much more relaxing drive than normal. I am really happy with this addition and look forward to see how it improves as they collect data.

Also noticed TACC as many have said is considerably smoother and reacts more on a level which I personally would. Also a welcome change.

One thing I did not expect. A few cars pulling along side of me and the drivers / passangers raising their hands up. One even tried to snap a picture of my dash.

Really, Tesla should just solve the power meter issues by just displaying the actual power value as a number along with the meter. Then I don't care what the meter looks like personally. The number is the important info.

Hey @e-FTW. We should have just exchanged usernames haha! I also went to run the 5k today in HMB and Autopilot on 92 is not the best because of the sharp turns and several 180-degree switchbacks. I tried to engage it at every possible segment, but it was pretty spotty. I do agree that the more traffic there is, the happier AP is though. Drive safe and enjoy the traffic back tonight!
Yeah we should have!

AP was actually pretty good on the 92, as the traffic was insanely busy and slow for all of the pumpkin shenanigans.. At a crawl, it can't make any bad decisions without me having plenty of time to pick it up. Those times were usually when we lost the right-hand line for a bit.
The drive up highway 1 back to SF was a much tougher task for the AP, because of all of the left-turn lanes and exits, where it would try and follow a turning car. Then you had the side street crossings that meant the right-hand line was interrupted for 50 feet at a time, and the car wanted to veer in that direction or wiggle a bit.

As others have said, bar graphs in the previous 6.2 colours may well solve most of the issues people are having with 7. Would use less real estate and allow things both inside and outside temp displays as well as time and day date. The bars could be cross hatched when regen or power is limited. They could also be calibrated. The overall appearance would be consistent with the new design language. The data would be consolidated as in the old dial. I too believe there should be two displays. One with autopilot and one when a human is fully in control.