Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The right scroll wheel? I've looked there but will check again more closely in the morning. I have a feeling it's not a choice on my non-AP enabled MS. I guess if I can't find it I'll have to shorten the chain on my rear view mirror dangler (the Lego Bruce Lee) that currently obstructs the 17" display corner clock.

thanks for responding though! At least I have a place to start the search.

You can put it on either side, right or left. Below are the instructions from the current manual (both AP and non-AP) for the left scroll wheel. Just substitute the word "right" (below) if you want it on the right side.

"To choose what displays on the left side of the instrument panel, press the scroll wheel briefly until the available options are displayed. Roll the scroll wheel to choose Empty, Car Status, Clock, Media, Energy or Trips, etc. When the option you want is highlighted, tap the scroll wheel.
Note: The option you choose to display using the left scroll wheel is retained until you manually change it. It is also saved in your driver profile."

Just got 2.9.12 (car delivered with .217)

One bug confirmed fixed: The right-channel static/distortion on Internet radio (Slacker/Tunein) is gone.
One subjective improvement: Voice command works much better for me. Previously it was essentially useless.
One bug not fixed: Left-scroll-wheel mute still doesn't work when the parking assist is displayed.

One bug not fixed: Left-scroll-wheel mute still doesn't work when the parking assist is displayed.

Tesla may not feel this is a bug, but a design decision.
Sounds like the "layer in control" is the sensors beeping and since that sound can't be muted, mute is disabled. Similar to how you can't mute (or even change the volume) of music during a Bluetooth interrupt (like Waze directions) since the Bluetooth volume control is in charge. But for stuff like parking sensors that cannot be changed, control should continue to the underlying layer.

Tesla may not feel this is a bug, but a design decision.

Perhaps, but I doubt it, since the volume change still works in this case. You can turn the volume up & down, but pressing to mute does nothing. The mute function disappears whenever the dispaly is showing an obstruction, and comes back when the obstruction is gone. Someone else reported that this bug has come & gone in other FW releases.

Is this new on 2.9.12 ?

Region Format. Notable missing country is Canada, US makes everything miles & Fahrenheit, UK gives miles & Celsius, I tried France but the number formatting is not right. Very small issue, moving around you can find a country that makes it ok for you. It doesn't changes language, just locale metric/imperial and numbers format.

tesla_region_format.JPG

Is this new on 2.9.12 ?

Region Format. Notable missing country is Canada, US makes everything miles & Fahrenheit, UK gives miles & Celsius, I tried France but the number formatting is not right. Very small issue, moving around you can find a country that makes it ok for you. It doesn't changes language, just locale metric/imperial and numbers format.

View attachment 103008

Yep, it's new. Here's mine running .77.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449066489.427711.jpg

Is this new on 2.9.12 ?

Ugggg... I hate companies that do stupid things like that! Give me a list of the things to change, and let me set them all. Not everyone in a specific country does things a specific way! The old version already had one of those stupidities in the tire pressures, it assumed if you used miles you wanted PSI and if you used km you wanted bar (UK uses miles and bar, Canada uses km and psi)
Meanwhile within Canada, younger people use Celsius, many older people use Fahrenheit

Don't tell me what I want based on where I live, let me tell you what I want and show it to me!!!

Ugggg... I hate companies that do stupid things like that! Give me a list of the things to change, and let me set them all. Not everyone in a specific country does things a specific way! The old version already had one of those stupidities in the tire pressures, it assumed if you used miles you wanted PSI and if you used km you wanted bar (UK uses miles and bar, Canada uses km and psi)
Meanwhile within Canada, younger people use Celsius, many older people use Fahrenheit

Don't tell me what I want based on where I live, let me tell you what I want and show it to me!!!

But its not as bad as it sounds like. It just pre-sets the fields, you can still change those. Set US then change to KM and Celsius works.

So we seem to have a small push of 2.9.12 rolling out with 22 reported installs in the last 12 hours or so. Strangely, we still seem to get 2.7.77 installs as well.
The changes reported so far seem trivial, not sure why they justify a bump in the minor build number, but as discussed earlier, these numbers do just seem to be random, so let's ignore that.
If you have received 2.9.12 (or another new version), please report it in the tracker so we can get a better feeling whether this is just yet another one of version or if this is a broader roll-out of the next "official" build. Even though we had quite a few other versions after 2.7.77, that still appears to be what service centers install by default (as of yesterday at least).

Well, I didn't feel any changes in this build versus the 2.7.56 and 2.7.106 I had earlier. All those worked great on my Classic. I have no complaint about the HVAC at all...

A couple posters in another thread have complained about HVAC heater performance in v7.0. At least one of them actually had the hardware replaced. Perhaps we are just seeing some failures + some user error (I previously posited in that thread that like cooling, the setpoint number in v7 is a few degrees cooler than v6, so perhaps the setpoint needs to be a few degrees higher for the equivalent amount of heat).

I am glad to see reports of others without issue! :) Maybe I'll finally hit the install button (I'm still on 6.2).