Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it weird that I haven't received my 7.1 update yet? I have a "classic" model s, pre autopilot.

Not weird at all. Report back in 60 days. Then it might be weird.

- - - Updated - - -

I have had my Model S for a month now. How do I know when I will get the 7.1 update or does it just appear in the car like updates on my phone? Is there anyway you can manually check for updates?

It will just appear. Could take weeks, but some releases happen in days. There is no way to manually check for updates, but the Service Centers do normally push the latest version to a car when they do their courtesy check after service. Just be patient, it will eventually arrive.

Two bugs and one other change that I've noticed so far with 7.1:

Bug 1: After you cancel a trip in the Nav, the Trip graph isn't cleared until you turn the car off and on (i.e. get out and back in). This was while in park and plugged in - not sure if it might clear the graph in other situations.
Bug 2 (may not be new): The button at top right of the Controls page says "Charging" when the car is plugged in and running climate control but not charging.
Change: The silly "Region" selector in the Units & Formats page is gone again - yay.

Updated yesterday morning before leaving for Boston. I am getting *MAJOR* touchscreen slow-downs & freezes - even after a reboot.

Scarier is the fact that a quick scan of this thread doesn't show anyone else having these problems....Aaron

Aaron, I am not having this problem with my early 2013, but I've heard problems like this can happen if the new firmware "doesn't install properly". You may have to get a Service Center to re-install the firmware manually.

Bug 1: After you cancel a trip in the Nav, the Trip graph isn't cleared until you turn the car off and on (i.e. get out and back in). This was while in park and plugged in - not sure if it might clear the graph in other situations.

I'm not sure that's a bug, I think that's intentional. There are lots of times that I know the way to my destination (even for long trips), and I don't want or need Nav active popping up messages in the IC... but I would like to have the running trip energy usage and graph still available during such a trip.

@HankLloydRight: I can't see how this could be intentional. The trip graph line is for a specific route, so if I cancel the route and start driving along another route, the graph would not make sense. If the Nav app recalculates the route, it updates the graph, but not if there is no trip.

@HankLloydRight: I can't see how this could be intentional. The trip graph line is for a specific route, so if I cancel the route and start driving along another route, the graph would not make sense. If the Nav app recalculates the route, it updates the graph, but not if there is no trip.

That's fine, as you know you're driving a different route, you know the energy graph is the last navigated route so you can ignore it, or program a new route into the nav. I would guess that there were feature requests to leave up the "last known route" for specifically the scenario I described. I, personally, would find this feature very useful.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but is anyone having problems getting the new homelink options to close the garage door when you drive away? Mine opens fine on arrival but it hasn't closed the garage door after leaving once since checking both boxes... anybody have any ideas?

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but is anyone having problems getting the new homelink options to close the garage door when you drive away? Mine opens fine on arrival but it hasn't closed the garage door after leaving once since checking both boxes... anybody have any ideas?

Are you opening the garage with the homelink button before backing/driving out?? Doesn't seem to work if I open the garage with the button on the wall before leaving.

Are you opening the garage with the homelink button before backing/driving out?? Doesn't seem to work if I open the garage with the button on the wall before leaving.

No. Either my garage is already open or I open it with the button on the wall when walking out the door... I didn't realize I needed to open it with the homelink button for the auto close when leaving to work.... Perhaps I need to go back and RTFM :)

Haha. I didn't read the manual either but thats the only way it seems to work here.
It makes sense I guess.... If it knows you hit the button and start driving away from the the garage, logic would dictate the door is open and needs to be closed... the software doesn't know if the door is open or closed otherwise it may try to auto-close and actually re-open the door. That's all I can come up with right now, but it kind of makes sense I guess.

It makes sense I guess.... If it knows you hit the button and start driving away from the the garage, logic would dictate the door is open and needs to be closed... the software doesn't know if the door is open or closed otherwise it may try to auto-close and actually re-open the door. That's all I can come up with right now, but it kind of makes sense I guess.

Plus that's how the car knows to start the count the roll out to 20ft, then issue the close command, you see it doing the same thing on those fancy auto-pilot equipped S's. So if you happened to have a 40ft garage and you parked right at the back, for the logic to work, you'd need to back up to the door, signal the open command from the car, then roll out.

Interesting - I wonder it those with white and red cars are more bothered by the toy car. Mine is dark blue and not very noticeable - I agree it is silly but it doesn't bug me that much.

Red "toy" car doesn't bother me, I hardly see it. When driving I glance for specific answers and rarely see the car. However I'm starting to look for big white glow when I want to know if headlights are on. Could be quicker than scanning top row for headlight icon and having to stop and look to make sure its the headlight icon.

The toy car is not as bad as this labeling of "grip zone". You'd think the target market would know where to grip?
Springfield-XD-Mod2-Grip-Zone-1.jpg