Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else seeing lots of weird little bugs with 2.9.154? I sat in my car for about 45 minutes doing some work on Saturday, and noticed the door handles retracting and extending at least a half dozen times for no apparent reason. After the car turned off (think it was idle 15 mins or so when screens turned off) I touched the screen to turn everything back on, and the passenger front window dropped a half inch like the door was opening and then went back up -- weird. And today my turn signal sound effect disappeared (turn signals still worked, just no sound). Had to reboot center screen to fix that.

I had the turn signal bug, too, right after the upgrade. Reboot cured it.

Has no one else been bothered by the fact that with the new software update, they removed the audio input selector button and instead just have the audio settings button? I like to be able to easily switch between FM, Slacker, and my phone audio. Did they relocated it somewhere else?

I suspect that this is because of the Spotify inclusion (outside the US). The Spotify "app" they are using runs outside the main media play "app". Because it is likely sandboxed, the Tesla programmers must not have had enough time to include an API point to properly feed back to the Media Center what tune is playing or some other function, so they just removed the selector altogether. My hope is that they do have a solution for this, but couldn't make it work outside the US only and are waiting till someday (hopefully) Spotify is available on all cars and they flip that switch. We shall see.

I suspect that this is because of the Spotify inclusion (outside the US). The Spotify "app" they are using runs outside the main media play "app". Because it is likely sandboxed, the Tesla programmers must not have had enough time to include an API point to properly feed back to the Media Center what tune is playing or some other function, so they just removed the selector altogether. My hope is that they do have a solution for this, but couldn't make it work outside the US only and are waiting till someday (hopefully) Spotify is available on all cars and they flip that switch. We shall see.

Good call. I bet you're right.

auto play is abated for me, but I don't think this has to do with a release - it just seems way to random.

FWIW, my eGolf has 1 upped my MS. Not only does it auto play if you leave audio on... it also requires audio to be on to use ANY "entertainment center" application, including nav. Best you can do is mute it. Plus, it occasionally reverts to 87.7 fm regardless of what you last had it set to. AND, it ALWAYS starts up temperature set at 72f regardless of how you left it.

So, at least with the Tesla I have a prayer that someday it might be fixed. I think we get more angry at Tesla because we know it can get fixed. With the VW, I know I'm just resigned it is part of the car.

Still does here, in fact, every time I go back to my vehicle.

auto play is abated for me, but I don't think this has to do with a release - it just seems way to random....

As per my observation, every time there is a software update, auto play overnight does not happen for a couple of nights, but the bug does reappear afterwards. I have observed this phenomenon over last 3-4 software updates in my car without a doubt.

Really? Is there a thread on this somewhere? The release threads themselves are always information black holes.

It's actually really interesting that we have, essentially, another app running on the display and I kind of wonder what it means for things to come. For example, might this indicate they're working on the APIs required to enable 3rd-party apps on the display?

Anyone notice a different behavior during cruise control driving and using the stalk control? Now, to increase or decrease speed, I need to hold the stalk up or down and then the change occurs. If I just tap it, it goes up or down by 5 mph. I don't recall the 5 mph quick tap behavior... Anyone else?

Anyone notice a different behavior during cruise control driving and using the stalk control? Now, to increase or decrease speed, I need to hold the stalk up or down and then the change occurs. If I just tap it, it goes up or down by 5 mph. I don't recall the 5 mph quick tap behavior... Anyone else?

On 6.2, it's quick tap=1 mph increase/decrease, longer tap=5 mph increase/decrease. Hold up/down for variable increase/decrease.

Really? Is there a thread on this somewhere? The release threads themselves are always information black holes.

It's actually really interesting that we have, essentially, another app running on the display and I kind of wonder what it means for things to come. For example, might this indicate they're working on the APIs required to enable 3rd-party apps on the display?

Exactly that. See the hacking thread. I had already suspected this, but info there and then seeing wk's setup in person confirmed it.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it feels like "partial" press is 1 and then "press beyond a slight resistance" is 5. Isn't that the same on all Model S? Haven't had a loaner that felt differently. So it's not long or short, it's how far you move the stalk.

This is the behavior my car exhibits.