Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd put the A and B trip in the must fix section.

The turn signal indicators are too small and out of the line of site. I miss seeing them frequently.

The three icons in the current trip display take up space and serve no useful purpose. Icons are supposed to either express state (like the high beam indicators), or be a button for performing some action. These do neither. I have never figured out what the squiggly road icon is supposed to represent, and the middle clock icon doesn't correctly represent all the items in the column.

The big problem with the toy car is that if you have a light coloured car, it's worse than the headlight wash for night driving.

Bring back the day and date on the screen (the font on the calendar icon is too thin to be readable in many cases.

The Navigon screen is now in night mode even in the daytime--very hard to read.

The arrows on the bottom popup in the Navigon screen don't show what the lanes do the way the side popup did. I suspect a lot of folks don't realize what they are supposed to represent (at least not at first). Example: If you have six arrows, which ones are straight, which ones are left/right turn only. You used to get a clue, now you just have to guess. Totally awful.

And while we're on software defects, although this didn't start with v7, the fonts on Google maps are just too darn small. If you use the satellite view they blend in with the background and are unreadable. Night view is mostly unreadable regardless of satellite setting.

Information for the driver should be available at a glance, you shouldn’t have to study the display for several seconds. Yes, Apple does is, but no one dies if they have to study the display on their phone to figure out what's going on (doesn’t count the idiots who drive and text).

Hank's list and Jerry's add ons are
My same complaints.:cursing: If not too late add me to the list.
Never pushing that update button again!
Unfortunately another drive unit ordered again so I guess I'll be stuck when they change it.
8 week wait for a drive unit? :rolleyes:Noisy and higher batt drain but it runs:scared:

Screenshot_2016-03-25-23-49-31.png

A bit off topic, but I need your advice. I still believe Elon and test out smart Air conditioning thing. On Friday, I had one full day event in my Outlook, and since full day events have end times of next midnight, I see air conditioning start working Friday 11:30pm up to midnight. In my office people who takes a day off creates a one day event into everyone's calendar so everyone knows he/she's off today.

This makes my car starts air conditioning every 1130pm and waste electricity. Any thoughts? Recently discovered this with TeslaLog!

Installed the update yesterday morning, and have already needed to reboot once since the nav software started lagging badly (dashboard map updates to route changes quickly while the Google maps was taking over a minute to show changes).

Audio system still has the same bugs - periodic "hiccups" while playing USB songs, phantom playing of USB songs overnight, missing source select button on console display, ...

Plus, even with the new maps, the nav software still thinks it takes 5 minutes to roll the first few feet on my block (on a street that is likely 10 years old).

My wife and I have been talking about getting a second Tesla to replace her ICE - and the poor software is a concern. I knew when I got my P85 3 years ago the software was going to be rough - a "version 1" product, but because Tesla committed to providing software updates "for the life of the car", I expected they would continue development on the core apps and improve the functionality and quality. And since that hasn't happened... It does raise concerns about buying another Tesla - and likely having another car with missing features and software quality - problems I wouldn't expect to see with other manufacturers.

Really, compared to getting the Falcon doors to work - how hard can it really be to fix these software problems???

Try looking at your list of previous navigation destinations, and delete as many as you can.

7.1 introduced a bug that slows down nav when that list is very long.

It is a quick fix that can restore normal functionality.

Turn off smart preconditioning. It's not ready for prime time yet--maybe someday.
Thanks, I believe it is fairly straightforward to implement it only based on schedule, though. It is difficult for computers to guess my commute times every day, but if I have an address with an off-site appointment, Tesla can guess how far I need to drive and precondition the car in advance.

Will hope this work someday.

Does anyone know of a way to tell if an older MS has Nav? I remember in the older software you could look under the red arrow and see "Nav" or "Maps". It seems the new software removed the text.
Early Model S had Nav only as part of the tech package. You can tell if the car has tech package or not by looking at the exterior. (Search this site for pictures if you don't know what I mean)

Texas...
Are you referring to some ultrasonic parking sensors, perhaps?

If so, many did the early models have, and where were they placed?
If not, what external feature, please?

On some color cars, the sensors might be very difficult to see, right?
No, I'm talking about the trim below the rear bumper. On cars with tech package it is chrome (like all cars have now) and without tech package it is black. Parking sensors didn't become available until late in 2013.

• Informative
Reactions: garygid
Thanks Texas...

I only arrived into the Tesla scene in mid December 2014, when my wife wanted to "just go look at the colors" at the nearby Tesla Store, and I would never have known to "look up the rear end" of the car. Oh, ... 5 days later, we took delivery of our silver S85+AP, which has been a real delight, indeed.

Sneaky-nice my wife is sometimes, like when we went to "just look" at puppies ... and we came home with not one, but two. I realized at the very last moment of the one-puppy purchase transaction, that my new, tiny little girl puppy might really enjoy a friend-puppy to keep her from being lonely (like I was most of my life), during those long hours when my wife and I were both away at work.

A bit over 14 years later, my dear little "puppy" girl is still with me, sleeping beside me right now as I write this. Indeed, she is one of the several great joys of my life, always running to greet me when I arrive home, jumping up and down on her little hind legs because she wants up into my arms, where she expresses her delight, perhaps relief at times, that I have come back to her ... with many, many "kisses" (licks). A true love-puppy, another real delight, indeed.

Oh, sorry, I got carried away ... Thanks Texas.

• Love
Reactions: Cyclone