Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long ago was this bug reported? I've been fighting this for three years. I posted something about this a few weeks back trying to figure out if this problem was present in quite a few cars, or just mine. I never got any feedback.

I'm almost positive this problem causes the erratic autoclose issue.

As a matter of fact, my car is at Tesla Service right now getting this problem fixed. Or at least they are working on it intermittently.

Not all cars have this problem, as a loaner I had last service seemed to work OK.

There is a known bug, where the car thinks you are going forward when backing into your driveway / garage (or when leaving if you got in going forward). This makes the auto open/close clueless a lot. Check your car on the map, zoomed at maximum. Got backward for a little, you will probably see the arrow going forward.

Yeah, clearly I was joking but I also don't have any challenges with visibility of the IC. Though, I'm only 5'7" and I keep my seat pretty high because it helps my back a lot.
Now that you mention it, I also have my seat as high as it will go. My car has the narrow visors (why did Tesla think this was a good idea?) and sitting high up helps me shade my eyes better (high altitude sun and all that). I have a lot of trouble with glare from the remnants of cataract surgery and the idea of a glass roof, as on the Model 3, is a non starter with me.

Looks like I have to bite the dust also and say goodbye to good old 6.2 .... need the maps... sad day.
My chrismas wish is a classic instrumet cluster "skin" for us with classic cars.... I'm old but I usually remembers what color my car has so the "toy car" in the middle isnt much use for,... well, well.....

I have had very bad map loading for the past few days. Map tiles basically don't load.

Anyone aware the cause of this issue or how to resole? I have rebooted the touchscreen several times and the IC once.

Looks like I have to bite the dust also and say goodbye to good old 6.2 .... need the maps... sad day.
My chrismas wish is a classic instrumet cluster "skin" for us with classic cars.... I'm old but I usually remembers what color my car has so the "toy car" in the middle isnt much use for,... well, well.....
OddB - is this similar to the issue you were having?

Looks like I have to bite the dust also and say goodbye to good old 6.2 ....

I honestly can't remember what was in 6.2 that feels like something is missing now, after having driven v7 for about 9 months.

My biggest habit change is now I drive with the trip computer features up on the right side of the instrument cluster, whereas I used to have the energy graph of 6.2 there. The new graph for the IC is pretty much useless and never sees the light of day there. The graph on the center console is still OK.

You just have to suck it up like i did -- for maps and voice control -- and live with some of the stupid un-improvements they made in 7.1 over 6.2, as well as the small handful of good things, like garage auto open and close. Hopefully they give us skins and better voice control in 8.0.

You just have to suck it up like i did -- for maps and voice control -- and live with some of the stupid un-improvements they made in 7.1 over 6.2, as well as the small handful of good things, like garage auto open and close. Hopefully they give us skins and better voice control in 8.0.

In my case, many map tiles won't load (sometimes the whole screen), I get "Nav system is initializing" for 10 minutes at a time, and a few times the directions were blank, the trip button wasn't there, and it just had the spinning circle in the directions. This went on for 5 minutes, rebooted, then it continued this way for another 15 minutes.

In my case, many map tiles won't load (sometimes the whole screen), I get "Nav system is initializing" for 10 minutes at a time, and a few times the directions were blank, the trip button wasn't there, and it just had the spinning circle in the directions. This went on for 5 minutes, rebooted, then it continued this way for another 15 minutes.
This has been my situation for over a year, I have sent countless pictures & videos while its occurring, even went to 2 service centers during these outages so technicicians can see for themselves & all I have gotten are lame excuses & brushoffs.

Reactions: Cyclone
This has been my situation for over a year, I have sent countless pictures & videos while its occurring, even went to 2 service centers during these outages so technicicians can see for themselves & all I have gotten are lame excuses & brushoffs.

I hit "Like" because of you sharing. I "Dislike" that this is happening. Mine was fine last week, but of course in a different town this week, it is acting up. :(

• Love
Reactions: brooklynrab
Version 6.2 and maps are completely gone. Charge locations still show as I drive and car points in the right direction.
So what is a concern is that some posts here indicate no maps in version 7.1 either. No point is risking the change then.

Version 6.2 and maps are completely gone. Charge locations still show as I drive and car points in the right direction.
So what is a concern is that some posts here indicate no maps in version 7.1 either. No point is risking the change then.

If you are referring to posts on TMC within the last day or two, be aware that there was a network issue that made the 3G/LTE data on many (if not all) North American Model S/X unusable for several hours on 15 August 2016. One if the symptoms of that outage was that new Google Maps tiles couldn't get loaded into the Nav display on the CID.

Bruce.