Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NOLA_Mike

May 11, 2013
Colorado
Firmware Version 7.1 roll out has begun. 2.9.154 received last night.

Please update ev-fw.com

Release notes:

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

continued in next post...

Last edited:
Wow! I had no idea the remotely parking and summoning features would be in this release. That is some pretty crazy stuff - looking forward to mountains of you-tube videos showing this. Also waiting on pins and needles for the flurry of media attention this might provoke. Are there any other cars already doing this?

Wow! I had no idea the remotely parking and summoning features would be in this release. That is some pretty crazy stuff - looking forward to mountains of you-tube videos showing this. Also waiting on pins and needles for the flurry of media attention this might provoke. Are there any other cars already doing this?

I think the new BMW 7 series advertises some sort of ability to pull in and out of a garage autonomously but I'm not sure to what extent (if any) that works in perpendicular parking.

I think the new BMW 7 series advertises some sort of ability to pull in and out of a garage autonomously but I'm not sure to what extent (if any) that works in perpendicular parking.

It seems useful for parking in tight spaces but unless you're parking between two non-vehicular obstacles, presumably one doesn't want to park so close that the other person will have trouble getting in or out (unless they also have a Tesla). Still pretty cool though!
Good for avoiding puddles and snow drifts I suppose :)

I think the restrictions on AP Lanekeeping for non-divided roads are pretty reasonable. They mirror how I use it on five lane non-divided roads currently.

None of the functionality changes is all that exciting to me but I'm glad we are getting some refinements to AP Lanekeeping. I use it most of the time I drive. I guess the auto open thing on the garage will be convenient.

Installing now to turn my car into the most expensive RC car ever?

This might be a stupid question but why remove the option to disable drive-away lock?

Probably some combination of:
• Limited screen real-estate: scrolling settings screens negatively affect the user-experience
• Observed usage stats
• The cost of being "wrong" is low: there are two single-action ways to unlock (pressing the physical park button or hitting the lock icon on the 17" display)

I'm very pleased to see these features in this release, especially summon which many people were not expecting considering there was no news or leaks (until yesterday) that'd it be in this release. Great to hear, and I'm looking forward to seeing the future of summon, hopefully pulling all the way to the end of the driveway after training. Can't wait to see the videos, especially perpendicular parking!!

- - - Updated - - -

I just think there's really no reason as to why one wouldn't want the doors to lock when you're in motion.

Summon sounds great if it will allow you to park from outside the car in a tight home garage with the mirrors folded. Disappointing that it only works on flat driveways, though.

Is is this the first release that implements restrictions on Autosteer, compared to the initial release? What happened to the "45mph max set speed on undivided roads' restriction that was announced? I've been declining updates since that announcement, but the as-implemented restriction of 'speed limit plus 5mph' sounds liveable...if it gets the speed limit right, which currently is not always the case.