Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a lot of people aren't emphasizing is that a short clip of "Don't Fear The Reaper" from the classic SNL bit with Christopher Walken and Will Farrell is played over the speakers when you engage the Rainbow Road feature. That's where the "cowbell" part comes in.

AMEN! I love Easter Eggs! They are fun things to show my friends while taking them on test drives!
Easter eggs can be fun to show off to family and friends on drives. Those drives are more fun if I don't have to apologize for something else that didn't work. Recently, on a drive to Monterey with visiting relatives in the back seat, I said "watch this!," and tried to bring up the controls for opening the sunroof. The center console decided it wasn't going to respond to any touch input. I ended up having to reboot the center console, while driving, and made distracting conversation to cover the delay while it reset.

But now there's a magical rainbow road I can have them look at instead. o_O

Easter eggs can be fun to show off to family and friends on drives. Those drives are more fun if I don't have to apologize for something else that didn't work. Recently, on a drive to Monterey with visiting relatives in the back seat, I said "watch this!," and tried to bring up the controls for opening the sunroof. The center console decided it wasn't going to respond to any touch input. I ended up having to reboot the center console, while driving, and made distracting conversation to cover the delay while it reset.

But now there's a magical rainbow road I can have them look at instead. o_O

Bummer! That does sound embarrassing. I've been quite lucky when giving show-off rides. Hopefully some little glitch like that doesn't tun them off to Tesla!

Tesla iPhone App notified me that a software update was available at 10PM last evening (via WiFi download over my eero extended mesh WiFi network). Installed it this AM, took about 48 minutes. Everything is running very smoothly as it was before the update. I see no real changes so far that 2.16.17 brings.