Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

jkliu47

Apr 30, 2013
Glendale, CA
Getting in on this late, but I notice the refrigerator is at an oblique angle to the front of the car. That could definitely cause problems reflecting the ultrasonic sensor output.

Good thought rxlawdude. That could explain why my Model S stopped with about only 6" clearance even though distance is set to 16".
So then the mystery is why did it continue past that point and hit the fridge corner after I accidentally re-initiated summon with my key fob?

pdq

Jul 1, 2015
Philadelphia
More cowbell:

Watch More Cowbell from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Also, I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV. I've had AP almost since getting my P90D 6 months ago and never use it -- instead of making driving more peaceful it scares the living hell out of me. It's like being a passenger in a car driven by someone who just got their learners permit.

How long until AP comes out of Beta?

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Mar 29, 2009
Nixa, Missouri, United States
Just got the 2.16.17 update yesterday, but in a couple of uses it seems like maybe the auto-close feature for my garage door is working better. It was pretty inconsistent before and it may just be coincidence that it's worked well the past few tries.

pilotSteve

Jul 14, 2012
Prescott Az
Received & installed v2.16.17 on my classic 2012 Sig 85, no significant visible changes BUT it appears to improve the "missing blue lines" (route segments) on NAV.

CuriousG

Dec 1, 2015
Elk Grove, CA
+1 for reasons to get autopilot. Thanks!
More cowbell:

Watch More Cowbell from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Also, I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV. I've had AP almost since getting my P90D 6 months ago and never use it -- instead of making driving more peaceful it scares the living hell out of me. It's like being a passenger in a car driven by someone who just got their learners permit.

How long until AP comes out of Beta?
If you last tried it out 6mos ago, you should definitely give it another shot on the freeway. The ping ponging it displayed staying in lanes early on is much improved. TACC acceleration is smoother now so it doesn't feel like you're going to ram into another vehicle as it tries to keep up.

Reactions: bmah

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
Received 2.16.17 this morning. Haven't tested it but am really hoping the Nav problems (broken blue lines, software doesn't forget previous destination, shows that blue line instead of new destination, etc) are gone.

Lex

Apr 23, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV.
Aww c'mon this is probably a few lines of code and it's fabulous.

And it was able to bring an even bigger Tesla grin to my face any time I needed it today (and really needed it today). Yes it's goofy but not even McDonald's has found out how to put a price on smiles :)

Reactions: taldric and jgs

CHG-ON

Still in love after all these miles
Jun 24, 2014
Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
It's a riot. I love that they have a sense of humor. I don't know any other car maker who does fun stuff like that. They certainly have been pushing a lot of updates lately. I've gotten 3 in a little over 3 weeks. All little tweaks, I think.

Reactions: taldric

AWDtsla

Mar 3, 2013
NE
I seem to have massive vampire drain in 2.6.17. Anyone else? It appears as though I went from my last charge at 238 miles to 190 miles now, with the trip meter claiming 19.1 miles since last charge. IIRC, when I checked last night I had ~208 miles. Now after driving 3.7 miles @ 401Wh/mi, I'm at 190???? I haven't even had the climate control on in 2 days, so there goes that "leak" in the trip meter.

UGH

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
The way these updates are issued is a mystery to me. I sometimes get them the day they come out but then there are times like now where there have been 4 updates since I received my last one (2.16.17 appears to be current while I'm still on 2.14.66).

But from what I'm seeing on the Firmware Upgrade Tracker 2.16.17 appears to be the biggest (by rate they are pushing it out) update they've done in a long time. So maybe I'll get it tonight?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC