Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting in on this late, but I notice the refrigerator is at an oblique angle to the front of the car. That could definitely cause problems reflecting the ultrasonic sensor output.

Good thought rxlawdude. That could explain why my Model S stopped with about only 6" clearance even though distance is set to 16".
So then the mystery is why did it continue past that point and hit the fridge corner after I accidentally re-initiated summon with my key fob?

More cowbell:

Watch More Cowbell from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Also, I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV. I've had AP almost since getting my P90D 6 months ago and never use it -- instead of making driving more peaceful it scares the living hell out of me. It's like being a passenger in a car driven by someone who just got their learners permit.

How long until AP comes out of Beta?

+1 for reasons to get autopilot. Thanks!
More cowbell:

Watch More Cowbell from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Also, I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV. I've had AP almost since getting my P90D 6 months ago and never use it -- instead of making driving more peaceful it scares the living hell out of me. It's like being a passenger in a car driven by someone who just got their learners permit.

How long until AP comes out of Beta?
If you last tried it out 6mos ago, you should definitely give it another shot on the freeway. The ping ponging it displayed staying in lanes early on is much improved. TACC acceleration is smoother now so it doesn't feel like you're going to ram into another vehicle as it tries to keep up.

Reactions: bmah
I don't have a clue what all of you guys are talking about regarding rainbow roads and Easter eggs other than they sounds sorta stupid to me. I do agree that I'd rather have Tesla fix the major problems with AP and NAV.
Aww c'mon this is probably a few lines of code and it's fabulous.

And it was able to bring an even bigger Tesla grin to my face any time I needed it today (and really needed it today). Yes it's goofy but not even McDonald's has found out how to put a price on smiles :)

Reactions: taldric and jgs
I seem to have massive vampire drain in 2.6.17. Anyone else? It appears as though I went from my last charge at 238 miles to 190 miles now, with the trip meter claiming 19.1 miles since last charge. IIRC, when I checked last night I had ~208 miles. Now after driving 3.7 miles @ 401Wh/mi, I'm at 190???? I haven't even had the climate control on in 2 days, so there goes that "leak" in the trip meter.

UGH

The way these updates are issued is a mystery to me. I sometimes get them the day they come out but then there are times like now where there have been 4 updates since I received my last one (2.16.17 appears to be current while I'm still on 2.14.66).

But from what I'm seeing on the Firmware Upgrade Tracker 2.16.17 appears to be the biggest (by rate they are pushing it out) update they've done in a long time. So maybe I'll get it tonight?