Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's how I know what the relative distributions are :), but it doesn't (seem to?) provide any info about the content of each update.
The challenge is, all Tesla officially provides are the release notes, which dont even change with many of the dot releases. (Which is too bad IMHO, to at least not go to the next level with say how Apple, Microsoft, etc do business.) The only way to find what I'd call "the bigger ticket items" that Tesla does not specify is by reading this thread. Some people some times go through a parallel capture of the code and determine which modules are affected, which adds to the speculation of what's been touched, but honesty, no one outside of Tesla Engineering really knows for a fact all that may be changed.

To your specific question, I've seen nothing here as to what .31 may change over .17.

Ok, clearly what we need to do here is take photos of the screen showing the release notes, do OCR on those photos, and then diff (*) those from update to update ;)
(*) -- "diff" is a computer program that tells you how one text document differs from another [for those following along who aren't total computer geeks]

Ok, clearly what we need to do here is take photos of the screen showing the release notes, do OCR on those photos, and then diff (*) those from update to update ;)
(*) -- "diff" is a computer program that tells you how one text document differs from another [for those following along who aren't total computer geeks]
Yup, I already do this but in an old-fashioned manual mode. Photos of each screen, then a side-by-side visual compare in Lightroom of both versions to see if anything changed. Ahahahaha. Some of us (at least me) are too obsessive with some of this I believe!

Yup, I already do this but in an old-fashioned manual mode. Photos of each screen, then a side-by-side visual compare in Lightroom of both versions to see if anything changed. Ahahahaha. Some of us (at least me) are too obsessive with some of this I believe!

Naw, ya think? :) But seriously, many of us appreciate this analysis. It's too bad that so many times there are no differences in release notes for you to find...

Bruce.

Firmware Tracker maintenance time!

Since the new TMC forum went in place about a month ago, the Firmware tracker was unable to test TMC handles for validity. As such, a bunch of user accounts with no matching TMC handle got into the system. This has now been fixed, so going forward, the Firmware Tracker will continue to validate users via TMC handle.

The following Username/handles on the Firmware Tracker registered, but have not added a car to their account and of course no firmware update records. If your name/handle is on this list, your Firmware Tracker account will be deleted, and you'll need to re-register using your actual TMC handle.

designjerk
gks
jeor00
netal
netward427
tttqw​

The following Username/handles on the Firmware Tracker registered, and added a car to their account, but not added any firmware update records. If your name/handle is on this list, your Firmware Tracker account will be deleted, and you'll need to re-register using your actual TMC handle and re-add your car:

VIN ----- Name
052326 rmolsencp
073021 dsitz
082505 tslktrk
096588 Teunie
123456 Almerten
124943 ..bender​

The following Username/handles on the Firmware Tracker registered, added a car to their account, and added at least one firmware update record. If your name/handle is on this list, please contact me ASAP via PM or Conversation so I can update your Username/Handle to match your TMC login. If I don't hear from you by April 30th, I'll assume the account was created as a spoof, and the Firmware Tracker account and all associated records will be deleted.

VIN ---- Name
022176 maasao
034649 mrsolberg
057690 Binque
062536 ChiefMike
076446 Starlight
076xxx Tesla-S
080099 RK
083159 h
087685 Bobelle
095552 rickpoisson
099023 gc830
0999xx ..7
100046 Markiemark
1102xx gr8boy
111022 sp
115476 Amarganth
115527 jeffphp
116242 go14
120110 StormLg

Thanks.

Last edited:
Right, as Andy suggested, this has been around for a while. The display comes up in reverse and only shows distances when the first warning comes up showing distance. When things are beyond the range of the ultrasonics, no distances are shown.
I used to get a full screen camera with the car in reverse. Now it's only half. This is definitely different.
I found this thread from Feb that seems to indicate it's a bug. Will reboot and see if that fixes it.
What's this new thing?? Split image backup camera?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: msnow
I used to get a full screen camera with the car in reverse. Now it's only half. This is definitely different.
I found this thread from Feb that seems to indicate it's a bug. Will reboot and see if that fixes it.
What's this new thing?? Split image backup camera?
Interesting. I've always had half-screen camera with the car in reverse, from firmware 4.something in 2013 thru 7.1 today. It's always the top half of the screen.

Look at the picture in that thread closely and focus only on the top half (ignore the car outline at the bottom). The camera image is split in half and swapped so that the bottom of the image is where the top would normally be and the top of the image is where the bottom would normally be. The complaint is not with the video only being in the top half of the overall screen. That part is normal.

It got worse after rebooting. idk.

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: apacheguy
It got worse after rebooting. idk.
Jennifer, this sort of problem with "the bottom on the top" of the rear camera occurred once to me shortly after delivery. It did not go away with changing size of the window, it's location, or by a quick reboot while driving. I still don't understand the difference (if there is one), but suggest you ensure you keep the brake pedal down while you do the two-button push for the 17" reboot and don't let your foot off the brake until the 17" comes back on. (An alternative is to cause MS to actually power-down via the eBrake/Power-off option on the 17" -- foot off the brake; keep MS off for at least 2-3 minutes; then press the brake pedal to restart MS which will reboot in the process.) My problem resolved with the brake+reboot process and I've not encountered it since. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: JenniferQ and msnow