Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RE: the auto open, pull out, and leave... Have you tried driving away from your house (1/4mi or so) and then coming back home and trying again? I was having difficult with this after my update but once I took a trip and came back home the car will open and close the garage as necessary (it uses the ultrasonics to sense there is something in the way).

If I drive up, the auto-open will open the door before I line up to park. However, it doesn't ever seem willing to open the garage door on its way out.

Great video as it also shows the front wheels turning to balance clearance on both sides. Have you tried with the garage door closed to see if Homelink will open and close it?

This will get better IMO as Tesla gathers performance data on successful parking maneuvers and the corresponding sensor data.

I have not. I used the auto door open as I came home. Worked great! I'll try that tomorrow and report back.

I agree. But do you really want to be parked there (if you can avoid it) when the other people come back to their cars?

I agree. I see it being more useful in the parking garage scenario where there are columns on both sides, or a wall on one side. My experience is that in many garages with EV spots, they're frequently in the tightest, walled off areas. Having the MS/MX back into those spots comfortably would be nice.

You have to act fast. If you touch the touchscreen within a short time after it goes dark, everything turns back on. Miss the window and you can't do anything. I think it's only like 20-30 seconds.
Yep, she has to touch the screen before it walk away auto-locks. Also after the car auto-locks, she MUST unlock the car from the touch screen before pulling on the handles to open the door or else the car alarm will go off.

that sounds great except for when those cars whose drivers had to squeeze in next to your car, open their doors and ding up your car

Another very cool opportunity this creates is a specifically designed space for parking a Tesla at home or at a business. Imagine a container style structure with less than 3-4" of clearance everywhere. You could actually have a pod like device that would totally protect the car and be transportable. Even put the pod on a turntable to re position the car for convenience. I'm no architect but this could be a fun project!