Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart Air Suspension icon on the instrument cluster in yellow indicates a fault. SAS icon in red indicates that self-leveling is disabled or SAS is in jack mode.

I received a constant SAS red indicator light several months ago, turned out that there was a tiny leak in the system and the internal pressure was insufficient to raise the car on one wheel, so the vehicle couldn't self-level.

I recommend you make a service appointment.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the manual doesn't mention that first meaning for the SAS red icon. Unless its written somewhere else or I completely missed it, I was only aware of the second meaning.
In any case, the manual leveling does work as expected and I haven't seen the red SAS icon for over a day now since I have turned off the auto-lowering at highway speeds option (set it to never). It doesn't mean that there isn't a leak but it might just be a software issue in my case. However, I will make sure that I ask them to check it out.

In any case, the manual leveling does work as expected and I haven't seen the red SAS icon for over a day now since I have turned off the auto-lowering at highway speeds option (set it to never). It doesn't mean that there isn't a leak but it might just be a software issue in my case. However, I will make sure that I ask them to check it out.

I emailed my SC and they called me, saying they were going to look at the logs and let me know! I wonder what they will find.

Today I felt that my regen wasn't as strong, or that something was different. When I looked at Settings my Creep had been turned on. I never have it on. Wonder if that somehow reset during the last software update (2.16.17, iirc) when I noticed HillHold changed to having to mash the pedal? Because now that I have turned Creep back off, I can just tap the pedal again and HillHold engages just as it used to.

For the first time, I got the blue HOLD today while on AP in stop and go traffic. It didn't come on every time, though. I wonder why? Would sure be nice to have this in the release notes, along with other things...

Last edited:
Reactions: Boatguy and msnow
I have to say, I've had more trouble with being unable to connect from the iPhone app, and with spontaneous screen reboots, with 2.17.95 than I had in my entire prior year of ownership starting with whatever came before 2.4.124. Most recently, pulling into my driveway the garage door opened (as per plan, auto-Homelink), then the screen reset itself. I might have overtaxed the poor dear by rolling the sunroof closed at the same moment as Homelink was triggering. Anyway, as I pulled into the garage (screen still rebooting) the garage door closed behind me, not as per plan. I suppose the "trigger Homelink" event was getting replayed as the screen came back up, or something.

I did file a voice bug report, for whatever that's worth. (Not much, according to some of you.)

Thinking of the auto-garage door opening feature, the driver must be careful.

When I had to detour by the house to exit the community on another road, I forget what would happen.

The open garage door upon returning from the 30 minute shopping trip was the reminder. I was lucky nothing was taken.

... or if the door is already open (kids playing around), you arrive and the car closes the door (instead of opening it)

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Boatguy and Mark Z
... or if the door is already open (kids playing around), you arrive and the car closes the door (instead of opening it)

^^^ This. The first (and only) time this happened to me was the time I decided we would never again use auto-Homelink. It's not Tesla's fault...as has been discussed here, the problem is intrinsic in the Homelink protocol.

Bruce.

Reactions: Boatguy
For me is was much less than 98% since sometimes I park in our front driveway and it was opening up the side garage, etc. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and turned it off. I do use it at work since that door is "open only" (not a toggle) and works nearly 100% of the time. So in that case auto-open is a huge success, even if it is a failure at home.

Homelink will support two or more doors, or channels. If the door opener itself is one that can take separate commands for Open and Close, or has separate switch inputs for Open and Close, then there should be a way to wire one channel to be an open-only, and a second to be close-only. That would help some situations, but an unreliable "connection" can make it unusable, without appropriate feedback.

Summon is built to use one channel for both open and close. So, basically ... do not use Homelink there.

Summon might even have trouble detecting a closed door if, for whatever reason, the door is too close to the car's sensors.

Homelink will support two or more doors, or channels. If the door opener itself is one that can take separate commands for Open and Close, or has separate switch inputs for Open and Close, then there should be a way to wire one channel to be an open-only, and a second to be close-only. That would help some situations, but an unreliable "connection" can make it unusable, without appropriate feedback.

Summon is built to use one channel for both open and close. So, basically ... do not use Homelink there...

Isn't the fundamental issue that the majority of garage and gate openers people have are the old type that either never had, or the owners have not elected to add more recently made available optional add-on support for MyQ, which adds an ability for a secure interface to know if the door is opened or closed? ...i.e. while it may be nice to expect Tesla to implement a MyQ interface, it still wouldn't solve the fundamental problem for what I suspect are most owners that have "dumb" garage door openers around the world.

Me? I have 10-year+ old "dumb" garage door openers, with no plan to replace them until they die. I recently added MyQ to both of them totaling just under $100, only for the piece of mind now that my Tesla has Auto Homelink capability. I can check status of my doors once I leave if I begin to question myself if the door actually closed after I left (it has not yet failed me), and have MyQ set that I'll get an email and TXT if either door is open for more than an hour, so I could even close them if needed to via the WWW or my iOS app. I'm not so sure a majority of MS owners will be so anal and go to all that cost and trouble, until perhaps they eventually replace their door openers that have such capability built-in, AND the owners then take the additional steps to hook their doors up through the internet so things like our MS could use that interface.

In other words, until all that happens, Tesla owners can use Auto Homelink capabilities if they wish, but really just need to understand the basic limitations it and their garage doors have. I for one, have never expected Tesla's implementation to somehow improve on the basic "dumb" underlying interface Homelink provides with my ancient garage door openers. If Tesla some day implements MyQ as an optional interface, that will be great, but I won't be holding my breath (sorry!) given the other beta and half-baked capabilities Tesla owners have been provided without follow-on refinement that would make them so much more useful.

Last edited:
I just got an update with exactly one change (at least in the release notes):

IMG_4384.jpg

Looks like they're reacting quickly to that guy who accidentally rammed his car into that trailer. This is exactly what I was saying Tesla should do here, so, great move!

Reactions: bhzmark
Interesting Information for you all. Yesterday I purchased the Autopilot Software after being a part of a one month test. (I did not initially purchase it when ordered) This AM, when I entered the S, there was a notification screen from Tesla thanking me for the purchase of AutoPilot and that the license for use had been verified. There must be some integration between MYTesla website and the software license push functionality to a specific car in the fleet.

Then, upon leaving my gym, two hours after the notification mentioned above, I am greeted with another notice saying that there is a software update ready to install (was on 2.17.37). Upon arrival at home I initiated the install. Not sure if the software install is related to the AP purchase or not. I have no idea which version of software is being installed but will update the Firmware Tracker when it is done.

Update: it was 2.18.77 and was installed very quickly, perhaps 30 mins or less.

Last edited:
I just got an update with exactly one change (at least in the release notes):

[picture omitted -- "When activating Summon from the parking stalk, choose the direction of travel..."]

Looks like they're reacting quickly to that guy who accidentally rammed his car into that trailer. This is exactly what I was saying Tesla should do here, so, great move!
This update, 2.18.77, was downloaded to my S85D at about 4:30 AM today PDT. It said, as always, that it would take 1:40 to complete, and completed in 0:26.

Suggested name: "Hither or yon".

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone