Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Then, upon leaving my gym, two hours after the notification mentioned above, I am greeted with another notice saying that there is a software update ready to install (was on 2.17.37). Upon arrival at home I initiated the install. Not sure if the software install is related to the AP purchase or not. I have no idea which version of software is being installed but will update the Firmware Tracker when it is done.
No, it's related to being in a gym. Last month, 2.16.17 downloaded to my car while I was in my gym. One instance is an anecdote; two is data.

Isn't the fundamental issue that the majority of garage and gate openers people have are the old type that either never had, or the owners have not elected to add more recently made available optional add-on support for MyQ, which adds an ability for a secure interface to know if the door is opened or closed? ...i.e. while it may be nice to expect Tesla to implement a MyQ interface, it still wouldn't solve the fundamental problem for what I suspect are most owners that have "dumb" garage door openers around the world.

Not to get too off-topic, but isn't MyQ a proprietary (Liftmaster / Chamberlain family of companies) interface, whereas Homelink is a multi-vendor standard?

(In any case, I agree that MyQ does seem to be more functional in the ways you described.)

Bruce.

Liftmaster does allow some integration as Wink has been able to control my Liftmaster openers for nearly a year. Tesla should be able to integrate with MyQ as well.

Nice, I was not aware of that. Does the integration involve going over the Internet to network-connected Liftmaster openers, or is it via RF like a classic garage door opener remote control?

Bruce.

PS. In keeping with the other ongoing discussion, my car received and installed 2.18.77 today, even though I've never worked out in a gym or had a gym membership.