Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4384.jpg

Nice, I was not aware of that. Does the integration involve going over the Internet to network-connected Liftmaster openers, or is it via RF like a classic garage door opener remote control?

I have two different gateways on my network: one for the LiftMaster openers and one for Wink devices. One day I was using the Wink app and saw the option for Garage Doors. I selected that and then I added MyQ Garage Door. It prompted me for my LiftMaster/MyQ credentials. Now I can use either the LiftMaster or the Wink app to control the doors, check if they are open or closed, receive notifications, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Boatguy
Given the laundry list of modules touched in the last update, it's surprising to see just one release note. On the other hand, this could bode well in that maybe functional changes in each release will warrant similar notes - which would be a vast improvement over the usual. Time will tell.

The best practice for which I have and will continue to lobby involves just text - I must say their version is much more impressive.

So far with this update I've noticed just two new things - one not so new but worrisome - car drifted left over lane markers while about to pass a truck w/AS on, and the other being that I saw the MCU blank to momentarily display some sort of alert window before returning to normal. The trigger for the latter was what the car perceived as an imminent collision (in actuality, it was slowing left lane traffic in a right curving road whilst I made way at normal speed in the rightmost lane.). Hadn't seen the MCU react to a potential collision before.

Any thoughts on what the updates did to each of those systems? Things we should be looking for?
There is never more specific detail other than speculation, hope and desire. IMHO the best thing to do if you're interested in what's changed beyond whatever Tesla has specified in the release notes, is just hang loose, and continue monitoring this thread to see if any patterns pop-up from owners on new or changed features.

Just updated to build 2.18.77.

Most prominent change on my morning commute was a much less assertive regenerative braking...almost felt like coasting. I checked the toggle and the control remained on Standard.
Since regenerative braking has been reduced on every single update since the first model S, I'm surprised we have any at all! ;)

In all seriousness, there is a running joke on this forum that after every update someone complains that regen has been reduced.

• Funny
Reactions: eye.surgeon
Given the update context and timing, I would suspect this update was done to address the situation where summon ran into the truck.

A double tap of the park button is difficult, but not impossible to inadvertently do. Ignoring the 4 way flashers and dings, again possible if you're preoccupied with something.

This new addition ensures that the car will not move at all, unless you provide specific input on direction. This would all but eliminate the possibility for an inadvertent activation.

Got new update overnight.
Hope they fix whatever changed the auto high beams in the last update or two. Worked perfectly before and now flashes oddly and doesn't go on in the exact same dark places as before. Annoying.

Too bad they can't fix the numerous rattles and squeeks in my near new top line model S with a SW update.

Something by my seatbelt latch is really annoying.

a running joke on this forum that after every update someone complains that regen has been reduced
It wouldn't be a complaint from me. I find it too abrupt, so don't use the Standard setting. If they've reduced it I may need to try Standard again, since ideally I'd like to be regenerating more. But, if we're talking about "ideal", what I really want is for it to just automatically use regeneration as much as possible to implement the "decelerator" (note: not "brake") pedal and only employ the actual brakes when regen is insufficient.

This new addition ensures that the car will not move at all, unless you provide specific input on direction. This would all but eliminate the possibility for an inadvertent activation.
Yes, it was a simple, elegant, some might even say "obvious" solution to the problem. Now they're so close to having a button
on that same display that says "Park now" for use by those, like me, who want to remain in their car while it artfully auto-parks in a tight garage. Tricking it by opening the driver's door, raising up off the seat, closing the door, then sitting down again has got to be the most
bizarre/idiotic UI ever.