Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some way to get your car to check for an update. My car has yet to realize that an update is available. I'm in the US and WiFi seems fine. Any suggestions?

You can try rebooting the center console. A few people have said that has worked for them. Tesla generally deploys new software slowly to reduce risk.

Is is this the first release that implements restrictions on Autosteer, compared to the initial release? What happened to the "45mph max set speed on undivided roads' restriction that was announced? I've been declining updates since that announcement, but the as-implemented restriction of 'speed limit plus 5mph' sounds liveable...if it gets the speed limit right, which currently is not always the case.

There was supposedly the 45mph max speed you mentioned in 2.9.40 and above, but I never saw it in my >1 month with 2.9.40 and 2.9.77. Looks like 7.1 now restricts it more comprehensively.

Sure hope @MarcG got it (I didn't yet) so we can see videos. Really want to see garage parking and how close you can get (left/right, front/back). Also the Release Notes on Perpendicular Parking were cut off on the screenshot, is it back in only?

Not yet, sorry... been skiing this weekend so probably won't install it until early next week, assuming I get the notification by then!

EDIT: looks like others have posted videos already. Wow so much activity in this thread already, and it's barely been a full day! That's what I get for being away to have fun on the slopes :biggrin: still catching up with the first 50 posts here!

Is there some way to get your car to check for an update. My car has yet to realize that an update is available. I'm in the US and WiFi seems fine. Any suggestions?
Generally I get a notification on my phone as soon as the download is complete. I have found no way to increase the chance that the download will happen. Totally random and controlled by TM.

There is something very strange with that update regarding the German version of it:

In the English version, it states that the autopilot will work up to the speed limit plus 5mph (8km/h)
In German however, it says the complete opposite: The autopilot will work up to the speed limit MINUS 10km/h!

That would really piss me off.. Having an autopilot that always drives 10km/h (6mph) under the speed limit is completely useless. And it would also not make any sense to have it like this just in Europe.

Can someone in Europe please confirm that this is just a translation error?

Attachments

• ap de.PNG
    ap de.PNG
    708.6 KB · Views: 131
Wow. I realize you're making a joke, but I worry about the sort of cruel pranks people will think up for the YouTube audience. "TESLA WIFE FREAKOUT!! Check out her reaction! lolz"

LPT: in a healthy relationship, you and your partner trust each other. If you lock them into a moving vehicle and make them fear for their safety and well-being, and you find that scenario to be LOL funny, it will not help them to continue trusting you.

Well, I thought it was funny! :) Of course it only works if your wife gets the 2001 reference.

I am still waiting for my update but I have two questions…

- when using the auto park perpendicular parking… Does the car back into the spot or pull in front ways?

- I never got the update on my P85D that included launch control. Will this new 7.1 update include the launch control?

So this is pretty much 26 pages on the one part of 7.1 that won't be available where I live.

How about at least a few posts on everything other than summon?

Some UI shots? (power meter, new AP display, any other new apps?)

Some talk about the restrictions would be good too. Considering that the car actually knows the speed limit on any given road less than 50% of the time, how do these restrictions work? how accurate is it at knowing which roads have dividers or not?

Let's hear about the important parts of this update!

So this is pretty much 26 pages on the one part of 7.1 that won't be available where I live.

How about at least a few posts on everything other than summon?

Some UI shots? (power meter, new AP display, any other new apps?)

Some talk about the restrictions would be good too. Considering that the car actually knows the speed limit on any given road less than 50% of the time, how do these restrictions work? how accurate is it at knowing which roads have dividers or not?

Let's hear about the important parts of this update!

Agreed, I read all the pages hoping to hear something besides the dumps feature... Seems that's the highlight.

Wow. The guy was making a joke and referencing the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey". You don't need to worry that someone is now going to lock their spouse inside their Tesla and terrorize them.
Wow. I realize you're making a joke, but I worry about the sort of cruel pranks people will think up for the YouTube audience. "TESLA WIFE FREAKOUT!! Check out her reaction! lolz"

LPT: in a healthy relationship, you and your partner trust each other. If you lock them into a moving vehicle and make them fear for their safety and well-being, and you find that scenario to be LOL funny, it will not help them to continue trusting you.

Has anybody got a video (or know of a video link) showing a Tesla doing a perpendicular auto park?

Dave: If you don't get one forwarded to you by tomorrow let me know and I will make one and send it to you. It does a nice job of making sure it is centered between the two adjacent cars perfectly. Al