Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X has yet to even offer to upgrade to 2.28.19.
We know that not all dot releases are targeted at all cars, and I would think that would therefore apply perhaps not across models either for every single drop. It's likely best for you to watch and compare firmware for your MX against other MX in those forums, and keep MS discussion here.

If they keep it in the Service Center long enough you might get 8.0 ;).

Ha good one! Well, someone at Tesla must be reading this thread because I got another update earlier this evening, and it's now 2.28.19 :D

Interesting, the firmware tracker doesn't like 2 updates in a day. My latest entry deleted the previous one for 2.26.150... Hank, any reason for this limitation?

Reactions: JenniferQ
Just got 2.28.19:

AP is a lot better for me. 95% off the time AP can now detect neighboring lanes and change lanes smoothly.

Before AP would only detect neighboring lanes 50% off the time.

Very happy with it so far.

FYI: my audio equalizer settings were reset to ZERO across the board after the update. I suggest you all verify that your settings are how you had them.

Just got 2.28.19:

AP is a lot better for me. 95% off the time AP can now detect neighboring lanes and change lanes smoothly.

FYI: my audio equalizer settings were reset to ZERO across the board after the update. I suggest you all verify that your settings are how you had them.

2.24.102 -> 2.28.19 made no changes to autopilot.

Just got 2.28.19:

I don't think there were any changes to AP.

Just got 2.28.19:

Prior version was 2.24.30

Just got 2.28.19:

Interesting! I'll have to check mine. I just received the update a few minutes ago.

Made the update during last night from 2.20.45 to 2.28.19
Release notes: Bug fixes only... with this new release: my 3G connection crashed 3 times this morning only... usually, it crashed maybe once a month or so....
Another MS in Canada here going from 2.20.45 to 2.28.19. (I too suspect that much of the fiddling has been for Summon tweaks, ours is barely usable up here, with the little button bar on phone that you have to attempt to hold down).

Installed this morning (and did the deep reboot, might be my first ever) and all day long, the 3G was dropping every hour or more. And then it takes minutes, not seconds, to reconnect. This did not happen on 2.20.45 yesterday.

I didn't check EQ but I did notice my speed adjust was preserved and didn't go back to +10 km/h default.

If I noticed any differences, I'd say in agreement with DoubleE that lane changing was way more reliable now, I started using it more immediately as I had started to wonder if it took days off (seriously, barely ever works on a Sunday for me lol). I suspect that will get more "miles driven" and fewer disengagements registered, at least from me.

Ha good one! Well, someone at Tesla must be reading this thread because I got another update earlier this evening, and it's now 2.28.19 :D

Interesting, the firmware tracker doesn't like 2 updates in a day. My latest entry deleted the previous one for 2.26.150... Hank, any reason for this limitation?

@HankLloydRight did you see my question to you above re: limitation of multiple fw update entries per day?

I did not see it earlier, but I see it now.

When I built the tracker, the thought of having multiple updates in one day was pretty unlikely, and pretty much still is (but obviously not impossible). It was just an assumption I made for the database key, each car can have one update per day. I really didn't want to get into the UI for tracking/managing/editing/deleting/selecting multiple updates per day. I knew people would be editing their records, so it was easier to just save back the record on that day, then worry about adding/managing multiple records per day. It's a trade off between UI and database simplicity versus covering a pretty rare use case.

Since we're really not tracking anything critical, if/when there is a collision, we can just vary one of the two installs by +/- one day, and it's still capturing the necessary data. In other words, it's not rocket science. :)

I never received 2.24.30, so I can't definitively say no autopilot changes were made from 2.24.30 -> 2.24.102. But 2.24.102 -> 2.28.19, definitely not.
I'll mention that I was on 2.22.30 when my car was delivered and got 2.24.102 a few weeks later with 800 miles of AP in between. I did notice a huge difference in auto lane change reliability on my daily commute route. I haven't gotten 2.28 yet but I'm curious if the 2.22.30 -> 2.24.102 update got Autopilot related changes.