Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great observation. I thought I noticed that too but didn't make the association between an update to that module and the @Ingineer changelog referencing climate control which I recall was about cabin heating? In any case it's been hot here in Southern California and imagined or not I like it!
Noticed that he bioweapon defense mode blows a lot stronger now. I like that.

Crazy observation: Climate control in auto now uses higher fan speeds to maintain the setpoint. I often go out to my car to meditate after preconditioning it and have to crank the fan up manually because the slow steady state fan speed is inadequate at defeating radiant heat.

Now even with a set point of 70 the car is using fan speeds around 6 and produces a comfortable air flow.

I do this every day so I'm fairly confident this is a change that's new since 2.24.
Does turning Range Mode ON or OFF make a relative difference?

I find it an improvement over putting out the same "summons change" release notes for multiple releases. At least this constitutes
an explicit acknowledgment that there isn't some major change lurking in there.
I don't know if you would call it major or minor but some of us have noticed climate control fan improvement, Media Player DSP improvement and favorable Rated Range algorithm changes in the 28.19 update. I agree that leaving a "Summons" change note in when there is no change to Summon is wrong and should be removed but if what some of have seen is true (no assurance without release notes so we are still guessing) Release Notes such as, Improvement to Climate Control, Media Player processing sound enhancement, Adjustment to Rated Range algorithm would be much more helpful than guessing or imagining what changed. Not looking for a lot of detail.

Reactions: vdiv and Matias
I don't know if you would call it major or minor but some of us have noticed climate control fan improvement, Media Player DSP improvement and favorable Rated Range algorithm changes in the 28.19 update. I agree that leaving a "Summons" change note in when there is no change to Summon is wrong and should be removed but if what some of have seen is true (no assurance without release notes so we are still guessing) Release Notes such as, Improvement to Climate Control, Media Player processing sound enhancement, Adjustment to Rated Range algorithm would be much more helpful than guessing or imagining what changed. Not looking for a lot of detail.

I agree with you.

The only thing I can imagine is that in the lab, they built the "release notes" with the thought being they do not know what version the car is coming from and if the owner has previously seen the newer features, so they included all the major updates since the last major release.

Personally, if a car hasn't been updated in a long time, I don't think they should build the release notes for those individuals. They are the minority (though not necessarily an obscure number). What they really should do is put a flag on each release note to what version it applies to and have the update include all the notes from the version the car was on. This however, requires more work on Tesla's part, so chances are we won't see it.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Odd that some folks got 28.19 pushed while others 28.42. Makes it almost look like a patch to a patch. Something get missed during csci testing??
That's happened a lot. Every patch has bugs, that's why we get the next patch soon afterwards. Some builds are only for specific configurations, and sometimes it appears they're doing A/B testing before a widespread release. Not everyone gets every minor release.

While doing the 2.28.19 update the other day, I was cleaning the inside of my car at the same time- so essentially the first time I've done an update while inside the car observing all the goings on. I never touched the display or the keys, but midway through the update my frunk latch released. Anyone ever seen that? Maybe something to do with my doors being open during an update? Just thought it was weird/interesting.

Ever since 2.28.19, which I got a week ago, I constantly loose the phone Bluetooth connection. I can answer the phone normally via the Answer button and conversation is normal for about 10 seconds and then Bluetooth is lost. Car Bluetooth says connected and phone Bluetooth says paired and connected. I have to unconnect the car Bluetooth and then re-connect to get back to normal operation.

Ever since 2.28.19, which I got a week ago, I constantly loose the phone Bluetooth connection. I can answer the phone normally via the Answer button and conversation is normal for about 10 seconds and then Bluetooth is lost. Car Bluetooth says connected and phone Bluetooth says paired and connected. I have to unconnect the car Bluetooth and then re-connect to get back to normal operation.
I've had the same issue... Sort of quasi connected... Happened 4 times already today.