Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2.28.19 also and my autopilot seems like it goes way right now. almost like its learning to center itself in he lane again. It was working great but had to pull hard back into the lane three or four times this trip that I normally rarely ever would have to put much input.

I also hate how I get these updated and the update log says the same things that have been updated already. For example this one said i would need to choose the direction of summon when enabling it with the stalk. I did that 2 or three iterations ago.

Since installing 2.28.19, I noticed that when listening to ABC News, when I click the left up button, instead of skipping the current topic and moving to the next topic on ABC News, it changes from ABC news (Internet) to the first FM radio station. If I click it again, it skips to the next FM radio station. I will call Tesla support and report this issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Since installing 2.28.19, I noticed that when listening to ABC News, when I click the left up button, instead of skipping the current topic and moving to the next topic on ABC News, it changes from ABC news (Internet) to the first FM radio station. If I click it again, it skips to the next FM radio station. I will call Tesla support and report this issue.

Just keep in mind that in one of the firmware updates, this function was added for long-presses of the skip forward and rewind buttons. Perhaps you are holding down the button too long or your hardware buttons are wearing out and registering extended presses.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
I'm starting to think that my car just does not like 2.28.19. More often than not it just will not change lanes with autopilot on. Obviously I'm using it on the same highway and I never had any problems before.

This has been a problem for me on all of my builds (from http://ev-fw.com/):

Version Build Date OTA
7.1 2.20.60 18-June-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.24.84 26-June-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.24.102 01-July-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.28.19 16-July-2016 Wifi

Last edited:
This has been a problem for me on all of my builds (from http://ev-fw.com/):

Version Build Date OTA
7.1 2.20.60 18-June-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.24.84 26-June-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.24.102 01-July-2016 Wifi
7.1 2.28.19 16-July-2016 Wifi

I have never had a problem until this build. All others work flawlessly. As of now I guess I will just stick to TACC only until I get an update. Unfortunately I am 3 hrs away from the nearest SC so stopping by just for an update isn't gong to happen.

So, fwiw, one of the barometers I like to use occasionally after release note-less updates, which is most of them, is the little stretch of road we have hereabouts called Portuguese Bend. Rarely the same road twice due to the unstable land beneath this two-lane curvy, hilly stretch, it's a nice drive when there isn't much traffic.

It is also the kind of drive where you must be vigilant, because you never know when there's a new crack, gap, bump, or combination of all three. In the parlance of the day, it is an outlier.

Enter the current DriverAssist features (aka AP). Was impressed with the degree to which they functioned. Still not at the level at which one could leave the driving to the car, but given the current technology and the challenging topography, it is easy to observe the improvements this past year+ for TACC and 9.5 months for Autosteer.

Identifies and tracks motorcycles well.
Doesn't need quite so much manual intervention - only 1-2 times through Portuguese Bend (southbound).

Good stuff. Only thing is I'm not sure with which release this improved - the last two that I've received anyway have been brief, or at least fast.

As always, stay within the boundaries of your abilities and risk tolerance; one size does not fit all.

Aww damnit. Why can't they stop fixing the things that are not broken? I use that exact feature on abc news, too.

Ok, so now I know exactly where you are. I grew up in PVE and am quite familiar with Portuguese Bend. Probably one of the least auto-pilot suitable roads imaginable.

Ain't that the truth - hence the barometric proclivities. Would you believe the entire stretch was freshly paved the other day? Not just a patch here or there - the whole thing (more or less from flashing sign to flashing sign) - I almost didn't know how to act. The pavement is already starting to crack and ripple, of course.

I've come to appreciate TACC just a little bit more every time there's a downhill stretch of any complexity (such as can be found, as you know, across the PV peninsula). One of the best safety-related features ever, and still largely unsung. I realize that TACC has been available for 7 or 8 or 10 years now, but not with nearly the polish and granular improvements in just the year and half Tesla has made it available.

image.jpeg
Ok, so now I know exactly where you are. I grew up in PVE and am quite familiar with Portuguese Bend. Probably one of the least auto-pilot suitable roads imaginable.

Reactions: TaoJones