Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at the Supercharger at the West Palm Beach Store, and once again I got an update notification while charging here. That makes 5 out of 6 updates I got since I own the car that I received at the store while charging.
I really don't think this is coincidence anymore. It might not be at every store location, but whenever i come here to my local store to charge at the attached supercharger I receive an update.

I'm at the Supercharger at the West Palm Beach Store, and once again I got an update notification while charging here. That makes 5 out of 6 updates I got since I own the car that I received at the store while charging.
I really don't think this is coincidence anymore. It might not be at every store location, but whenever i come here to my local store to charge at the attached supercharger I receive an update.
Is there a Service Center nearby too?

It's geo-fenced to download the firmware at the Service Center.

I'm told it's also geo-fenced now to automatically turn off Remote Access at the Service Center. I just assumed they manually turned it off but it makes sense. Anybody notice/confirm this?

Mike
My MX is currently at the Marin SC and it is responding to the TM App. So in this case Remote Access seems to be unaffected at this SC.

I'm told it's also geo-fenced now to automatically turn off Remote Access at the Service Center. I just assumed they manually turned it off but it makes sense. Anybody notice/confirm this?

Mike
Dumb question but if it turns off Remote Access wouldn't that prevent it from downloading the update?

Reactions: rxlawdude
3 days and a hundred songs later, I'm officially calling it as non-placebo: Something about Dolby mode on UHFS improved in the 2.28 update (vs 2.26.103). Quality wise, turning on Dolby no longer results in an extremely tinny response (heavy on treble and virtually no subwoofer usage). It's now much more balanced, and for a lot of pop music, the exaggerated stereo width actually produces a pleasing effect, which is the intended purpose of surround effect modes.

If you swore off Dolby mode before 2.28, I'd strongly recommend trying it again in this update. Note that the bass level is still a bit worse with Dolby mode than without, so if you really love the rumble, surround mode is probably not for you.

3 days and a hundred songs later, I'm officially calling it as non-placebo: Something about Dolby mode on UHFS improved in the 2.28 update (vs 2.26.103). Quality wise, turning on Dolby no longer results in an extremely tinny response (heavy on treble and virtually no subwoofer usage). It's now much more balanced, and for a lot of pop music, the exaggerated stereo width actually produces a pleasing effect, which is the intended purpose of surround effect modes.

If you swore off Dolby mode before 2.28, I'd strongly recommend trying it again in this update. Note that the bass level is still a bit worse with Dolby mode than without, so if you really love the rumble, surround mode is probably not for you.
That is indeed very interesting! If you're right (which I assume here), wouldn't that mean that Tesla is finally taking on improvements in the Mediaplayer area? Yay!!

Keep in mind the AutoPilot still improves by virtue of the fleet-wide learning (tiles) that are constantly downloaded independently from the software releases, so your AP is still getting better even though you are "stuck" on "old" software.
Hi Ingineer,

could you explain how an when the "tiles" are updated? Is that the information that mobileye calls "roadbook"?

Thanks! As a classical music listener I turned D off immediately... I paid for the subwoofer and agree, D made it none existent. Now I'll give it another try!

Reactions: HankLloydRight

Mike

I am able to SuperCharge, get updates, AND access my car through the app simultaneously. Confirmed 3 times now. Have gotten my last 3 updates prompted this way and was able to turn on my A/C through the app while SuperCharging and connected to the SC's wifi

Hi Ingineer,

could you explain how an when the "tiles" are updated? Is that the information that mobileye calls "roadbook"?

Just like the little square image tiles on Google maps, the Autopilot also has tiles that are fetched from a server. Each tile covers a certain fixed geographic area, and they contain information that the AutoPilot uses for assisting it's decision making. Just like the map tiles, a certain amount of them are cached on the CID's SSD so the ones around your daily routes don't need to be downloaded over and over.

Just like the little square image tiles on Google maps, the Autopilot also has tiles that are fetched from a server. Each tile covers a certain fixed geographic area, and they contain information that the AutoPilot uses for assisting it's decision making. Just like the map tiles, a certain amount of them are cached on the CID's SSD so the ones around your daily routes don't need to be downloaded over and over.

Are you able to see which areas have tiles for AP? I'm interested specifically of Finland, does AP have tiles here?

I would guess that at first there are no AP tiles, only after learning algorithm has first created them?

I've reported and we've discussed elsewhere the many challenges that exist with Infotainment, as well as how my MS seems to ocassionally enter deep sleep way to fast when parked for just a few minutes, causing the IC and/or CID to effectively auto-reboot upon entering my MS.

Since moving to 2.28.19 just 2 weeks ago, none of that appears to have changed, but I've now had at least 3 occurrences where Media Player for some reason goes back through its long (10-15min) USB stick scan process, even though the CID was not rebooted and I've not removed my USB stick. I simply find upon entering my MS the scan is sometimes underway for no good reason, and unlike what happens other times, MS remembers which track it was previously playing and is positioned there when the process completes. It's a new, very odd annoyance. (...and yes, I know all the little tricks about reducing time to scan the stick (I have 6K tracks), as well as keeping Nav history to a minimum, doing a long reboot of the CID, etc., etc., etc.)

Any others encountering what seems like an errant USB scan process in recent firmware drops? I would hate being the only one at the party. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: rxlawdude and msnow