Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the .100 today based on TESLAFI notification. Haven't driven the car yet. Been having AP problems, hoped it fixes it.
The teslafi software notifications are just notifications that a car in the teslafi fleet has been upgraded to an unseen new version. There's only one X90D reporting the .100 release so far. I added the feature since I like knowing when a new software update is out there. It doesn't necessarily mean your car has the update, you'll be notified via in app or in car if you actually receive the update. The update log on teslafi.com will also show you the history of updates since you signed up. Hoping to make the software update page publicly viewable soon so people can track updates without being a member.

I don't get this voodoo ritual. What makes everyone think the MCD doesn't reboot on its own when a software update is applied? It would be very difficult to update the software without a reboot.
I believe there is a reboot at least most of the time -- but at least 3 firmware updates since I've taken delivery about 11 months ago, my CID is either frozen afterwards or I have slow/odd problems which are resolved with a reboot. I don't manually reboot as a habit after each update as some suggest, but I'm running about 30% failure rate to-date where a manual reboot after notification of "firmware update is complete" gets me going again.

Reactions: Cyclone
I believe there is a reboot at least most of the time -- but at least 3 firmware updates since I've taken delivery about 11 months ago, my CID is either frozen afterwards or I have slow/odd problems which are resolved with a reboot. I don't manually reboot as a habit after each update as some suggest, but I'm running about 30% failure rate to-date where a manual reboot after notification of "firmware update is complete" gets me going again.
Same here except due to the unpredictable slow/odd problems I just do it as a matter of course while its in my garage rather than dealing with the problem on the road. I'm not sure it makes a difference but I hold the buttons down until the "T" comes up on the screens. I don't remember if I read about that method on TMC or if a Service Technician told me it was like a "cold reboot" as opposed to the regular "warm reboot". I was also told by someone that Tesla had them put their foot on the brake in addition to the "cold" boot for some reason. In any case it doesn't hurt anything.

:rolleyes:
Update and Observation:

Finally got behind the wheel since being upgraded to 32.23.......I usually notice no differences on upgrades and then only if an obvious one is pointed out. But I did notice a change in AP, immediately and it was visual. The neon blue lane lines seemed narrower. The side mirrors of my virtual car were almost riding the lines on each side. So I disengaged it, and the lanes were back to the prior sized images. Ummmm....then I re engaged and after a few traffic ridden miles my car was providing me greater driving confidence, especially when oreo'd by trucks. Maybe there has been some recalibration inwards to control the car in a smaller frame of reference? The visual impact of the narrower blues was instantaneous, not something to over analyze, but a steadier drive was a welcomed result. BTW, I found no material improvements in the UHFS Dolby sounds. Still tweaking the heck out of the equalizer to avoid the tin can.

The change in lane size was bugging me so I put another 50 miles on AP yesterday afternoon. As the sun was setting, it finally became apparent that the sensors and blue lane display had been tracking a rain seam within the lanes instead of the lane markers, thus carving about 1 foot from the actual lane range. While I preferred that tighter path, as soon as the sun went down, the display and driving was back to a full sized lane. I love driving AP at night, but those east-west commutes into the sun glare requires more vigilance as sensors seem to unpredictably fake a left or right, or as was the case yesterday drove for 45 minutes consistently following a concrete rain seam. The biggest fake yet. :cool:

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and msnow
I was driving near the Dallas service center so I decided to stop in the service center parking lot for a few minutes. The firmware was available when I got home and I had it installed. The car is now on version 2.32.100, and I updated the firmware upgrade tracker.

I for one hope that we don't get this thread to 200 pages... bring on the 8 already.

Canada and Australia (and probably others) are stuck on old firmware with constantly crashing 3G. The firmware has been forked for our stupid safer Summon (darn that American blood lust lol) and now we're forked until 8.

Ok, folks, I've spent the day enhancing EV-FW.com to allow you to add a Tesla API token to your account, and then assign cars from your MyTesla account to the cars on EV-FW.com. You'll need a valid token from some other site (or yourself, if you know how) to add to the site. EV-FW does not ask for your MyTesla login credentials. There are enough sites that do that already.

It's all in "beta" for now, but if you add your token AND assign a car to each record (just "edit" your car and save), the routine will run every few hours to check your firmware version, and update your records accordingly. The program assumes a "wifi" connection, but really that's not an attribute we're tracking much anymore, so it doesn't really matter.

When the system detects a new firmware version, you should get a PM on the forums with a notification. I can't really test this because you can't talk to yourself on Xenforo like you could with vBulletin.

So please try it out and let me know if you have any problems. You can get an API token from TeslaFi.com.

edit: If your token looks like this with three dots in the middle: df75f611f2d94...9c9ee020600a -- it's not a valid token. I've asked Teslalog.com to fix this. Proper tokens are displayed on Teslafi.com

thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, folks, I've spent the day enhancing EV-FW.com to allow you to add a Tesla API token to your account, and then assign cars from your MyTesla account to the cars on EV-FW.com. You'll need a valid token from some other site (or yourself, if you know how) to add to the site. EV-FW does not ask for your MyTesla login credentials. There are enough sites that do that already.

It's all in "beta" for now, but if you add your token AND assign a car to each record (just "edit" your car and save), the routine will run every few hours to check your firmware version, and update your records accordingly. The program assumes a "wifi" connection, but really that's not an attribute we're tracking much anymore, so it doesn't really matter.

When the system detects a new firmware version, you should get a PM on the forums with a notification. I can't really test this because you can't talk to yourself on Xenforo like you could with vBulletin.

So please try it out and let me know if you have any problems. You can get an API token from TeslaFi.com.

edit: If your token looks like this with three dots in the middle: df75f611f2d94...9c9ee020600a -- it's not a valid token. I've asked Teslalog.com to fix this. Proper tokens are displayed on Teslafi.com

thanks.
Is teslafi.com safe? I get very nervous about my user id and password. Any way to get the token from an official Tesla site?