Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused by what is being referenced as the "Launch Mode" button. My P85D has the Max Power button under the Sport/Insane toggle, but I have never seen anything that says Launch Mode, either in the previous version 7.0 (2.9.12) or 7/ (2.9.154)?

Check this thread, the first post has the release note on how to enable it:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58826-New-Launch-Mode-firmware-2-9-40

...and it is included in Canada.
Your question prompted me to RTFM and I had forgotten about enabling the Max Battery Power mode :redface:

We are on a long road trip in the US with our Canadian S85D. Will we be able to download the 7.1 upgrade through LTE/3G or only wifi? Will we get the notice while out of country with the car?
Seen nothing yet.

I am on a road trip in Texas and am based in Colorado. I got the 7.1 upgrade OTA just fine yesterday.

Just don't do the upgrade while you are doing any critical charging or the such. As I learned on a previous upgrade, the charging gets interrupted a few times in the upgrade process.

Has anyone had a chance to try Auto-summoning into a garage on an angle vs straight in? Our garage needs us to get in on an angle with the garage door pillar on one side and a car on the other. Haven't gotten the update yet. Thanks

It will only go in the general direction you pointed the car. It doesn't seem to adjust the angle based on walls, cars, or other obstacles. It will stop before hitting those though.

Has anybody received and update today? 1/10? Seems like they were all yesterday?

Do they normally continue sending out updates on a Sunday?

Tracker shows 10 today, although I don't know if that means they were updated today, or just logged into the tracker today. I don't see any reason why updates shouldn't go out on Sunday since they don't presumably require a person to manually do anything. I'm still impatiently awaiting my upgrade. This does seem a lot slower than 7.0 and I'm hoping it's not a typical update that can take weeks!

So Elon just tweeted:

"@elonmusk: In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"

I'm curious if he's envisioning the car driving, charging, parking LA -> NY without human intervention in about 2 years. If so, that's about half the time he mentioned a month or so ago which was 4-5 years for full autonomous driving if I recall correctly. Quite a goal.

For those who have not seen it, a new tweet (30 minutes ago) from Elon Musk:

"In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"

BTW, I see that there's a newly updated version of the Tesla app on the iTunes store. Not surprisingly the text indicates the updates include:

-Summon Model S
-Open/Close a HomeLink-controlled garage door (for U.S. vehicles only)

Last edited:
Elon just tweeted

First baby step in Tesla Summon capability now downloading over-the-air with V7.1
Tap your phone or key and your car will open the garage door, exit, close the door and come to you. Will do same in reverse for unsummon.
In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY

edit: Dammit i'm too slow others beat me to it.

...a few more details to go along with Elon's tweet here from his Press Conference, including a whole lot more hardware redundancy is needed to make no physical driver a reality. Elon Musk predicts a Tesla will be able to drive itself across the country in 2018 | The Verge

… and a dedicated thread.

Could we please keep this thread on topic (so 7.1 firmware only) ?

Also, if you do not have the update yet; please don't complain about it here, unless you have an idea about how Tesla rolls its update out.
Check the firmware update tracker to see if you can find any correlation.

Last edited: