Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@spottyq, no offense and I'd be happy to exclude parts of the 7.1 upgrade (summoning) from the 7.1 thread if that makes sense but your comment about there not being any correlation in terms of geography or battery packs included is not correct.

I hope Tesla is intending to upgrade the Summon feature to actually do the promised garage parking. In our somewhat narrow garage it centers the car between the wall and our other car, but that's not the position I'd like it in because it leaves too little space to easily open the other car's door. It should be programmable for where it positions the car as well as the path from the street to the garage and should it should be possible to start the process from the touchscreen while you're in the car.

I'm not sure what the value of the current Summon feature is although it's interesting to watch.

Has anyone with 7.1 and an iPhone figured out how to summon the car from the app? I see the notifications but there doesn't seem to be any kind of controls to summon.

You need to be in proximity of the car (I believe with the fob) and it will appear at the top of the app home page in the spot that usually gives you the status of the car. ie. parked, driving, charging

I hope Tesla is intending to upgrade the Summon feature to actually do the promised garage parking. In our somewhat narrow garage it centers the car between the wall and our other car, but that's not the position I'd like it in because it leaves too little space to easily open the other car's door. It should be programmable for where it positions the car as well as the path from the street to the garage and should it should be possible to start the process from the touchscreen while you're in the car.

I'm not sure what the value of the current Summon feature is although it's interesting to watch.

Can you post a picture of how its positioned?

I don't know if this will help you, but it will try to more or less maintain the angle that it is pointed at when autopark starts. If I line it up at the ideal angle, it will park closer to the right side than the left, leaving sufficient room to open the doors on the left side as well as on my wife's car.

Question about the autopilot changes: Can anyone tell us if "center divider" means a concrete barrier? In other words, can Autopilot still be used on divided highways where the divider is a grass median as is common where I live? I'd hate to think I would no longer be able to use it on roads without a concrete barrier on my left....
And my apologies if that has been answered above. I admit to not reading all 400+ previous posts in this thread! (And I have not yet received notice of the download to my car.)

Question about the autopilot changes: Can anyone tell us if "center divider" means a concrete barrier? In other words, can Autopilot still be used on divided highways where the divider is a grass median as is common where I live? I'd hate to think I would no longer be able to use it on roads without a concrete barrier on my left....
And my apologies if that has been answered above. I admit to not reading all 400+ previous posts in this thread! (And I have not yet received notice of the download to my car.)

It works fine for me on 2 lane road ( 1 lane each way with solid and broken center line ) with 80km/h ( 50 mph ) speed limit. I was running in Autopilot mode at 90 km/h ( 55 mph ).

I don't know if this will help you, but it will try to more or less maintain the angle that it is pointed at when autopark starts. If I line it up at the ideal angle, it will park closer to the right side than the left, leaving sufficient room to open the doors on the left side as well as on my wife's car.

I'm looking for something that I can manually park the car once and it will always return to that spot. I'd even be willing to glue down some sort of marker (heck, even a bluetooth low energy beacons) on the garage floor next to the tires to mark exactly where it should end up. Perfect parking, every time. That's what I would really like!

I am on a road trip in Texas and am based in Colorado. I got the 7.1 upgrade OTA just fine yesterday.

Just don't do the upgrade while you are doing any critical charging or the such. As I learned on a previous upgrade, the charging gets interrupted a few times in the upgrade process.

So you up dated at a Supercharger with an 1hr+ update time for the process?

Your FOB must be in proximity to the car, and the car must be unplugged for the summon options to appear.

Is this really is accurate. Watch some of the videos, etc.

Phone yes should be in proximity for Summon to appear; however, the MS doesn't seem to detect the key unless you are very close to the car, like 2-3 feet at times, at least with the current remotes. Maybe this will differ when they are more low-power Bluetooth or something in the future.

Not a biggy either way as seems like most of us will use Summon here at first to see it, and then maybe like once a year after this ;-)

A grass median is fine. I assume it uses the "divided highway" indication from the map data. I know at least two local roads that have no median in my area that are not restricted.