Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ROFL @ people thinking 8.0 will be released "on-time".

When has Elon tweeted something and it actually happened on the advertised schedule? Everything is delayed.

We should start a pool on when 8.0 will actually start showing up to the masses. I'm betting on next Tuesday (random guess).

Before anyone gets their hopes up:

upload_2016-9-21_6-20-10.png

ROFL @ people thinking 8.0 will be released "on-time".

When has Elon tweeted something and it actually happened on the advertised schedule? Everything is delayed.

We should start a pool on when 8.0 will actually start showing up to the masses. I'm betting on next Tuesday (random guess).
To answer your question: His tweet for 7.0 last October and 7.1 this year were exactly on time So to answer your question, as far as updates go every.single.time!

Reactions: Lex
As I remember from last year 7.0 started on the West Coast around 9 or 10 pm and rolled East. 7.1 was just the opposite and rolled West. We will have to see but absent a tweet from Elon stating otherwise it's happening today (I hope). :)

From this we can conclude the update will begin from the center of the earth and short people below sea level will receive the update first, and cars parked in high garages in Denver will receive it last.

This is Elon's favorite new feature. Uh oh he must never use Nav or Media Player ;)

"My favorite new feature is the always-on max temp control for keeping kids and pets safe from overheating."
"Tesla keeps temp below 40C/105F by automatically venting cabin & turning on AC when needed. Can do this for up to a year on a full charge."

This is Elon's favorite new feature. Uh oh he must never use Nav or Media Player ;)

"My favorite new feature is the always-on max temp control for keeping kids and pets safe from overheating."
"Tesla keeps temp below 40C/105F by automatically venting cabin & turning on AC when needed. Can do this for up to a year on a full charge."

That's a nice feature to have, but that won't stop people from freaking out if a pet is left inside the car and passers by don't know the A/C is on. Tesla should send little display cards for the windows: "A/C is on, pet is comfortable!" and a spot for a cell-phone number "just in case".

I don't believe kids should ever be left alone in a parked car, so that's a different issue -- I'm surprised Elon even mentioned kids left in parked/locked cars.

That's a nice feature to have, but that won't stop people from freaking out if a pet is left inside the car and passers by don't know the A/C is on. Tesla should send little display cards for the windows: "A/C is on, pet is comfortable!" and a spot for a cell-phone number "just in case".

I don't believe kids should ever be left alone in a parked car, so that's a different issue -- I'm surprised Elon even mentioned kids left in parked/locked cars.

Yes, kids shouldn't be left alone in the cars, but unfortunately it happens (newborn to day care, parents just got off paternity/maternity leave, sleep deprived, back to work, new routine, forgot...).

This will be great to hopefully mitigate things!

Reactions: bmah
I always figured that these roll outs are automated. Yet this morning I received an email reply to a query (non-firmware related) I submitted to Tesla around 7 pm or so. It was time stamped 2:47am! I'm starting to wonder if there is a cadre of Coders/IT guys pushing things out all night!?