Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My update to 2.12.126 from 2.11.54 completed in about 1h15min (car said it would take 1h40min).

Since I was coming from an older release that was 5 versions behind, new release notes were presented - screenshots below:

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

It's worth noting that updates to the autopilot hardware suck. It takes the car something like 50 minutes to push firmware to the autopilot (DAS) module. This is why autopilot cars take so long to update. When an update is fast on an autopilot car, no changes have been made to autopilot.

I am glad to report that changes were made to 2.1.126 for Model X that are greatly appreciated. You can see an extra paragraph appears that isn't in the Model S "Additional Improvements" shown above. One touch allows easy access to the 3rd row or when moving the seat back. Holding the button is still allowed and a second press will stop the seat movement.

A softer beep has replaced the recent silence when closing the Falcon Wing Doors or the rear hatch.

Improvements 126.jpg

Last edited:
And now for my regular update :)
It looks like 2.12.126 is a broader roll-out with 117 updates reported so far.
We have ONE report from a Model X, the rest are Model S, still only reports from North America and NL (odd - usually at this point we'd see a few reports from Norway, Germany, or Great Britain).
Other than that all batteries (ok, no report from a 40, but those are extremely rare), all drive systems, AP/non-AP, all VIN ranges.

So with the exception of the geographical distribution this does feel like a pretty full roll-out. And the volume of reports per day appears to match what we have seen on earlier widely distributed builds.

After updating to 2.12.126 I am only charging at "1/2 rate". I.e., using my HPWC I am set to charge at 50A. After the update I am only charging at 25A (even though it is still set at 50A). Anybody else?
I noticed something similar but with an 80a HPWC. In my case it charged at 40a for several minutes but when I checked a bit later (10 minutes?) it had jumped up to 80a.

I noticed something similar but with an 80a HPWC. In my case it charged at 40a for several minutes but when I checked a bit later (10 minutes?) it had jumped up to 80a.

I agree that the time for 40a ramping up to 80a seems to be a bit longer than before. I thought I was going to see the same issue as some others but it did ramp up to my usual 79 after a while

A few updates on my end:

1. This 2.12.126 firmware version fixes a problem I (and many others, apparently) have been having with trip meters going wacky

2. I charged shortly after updating, and even though it was only 30A at 208V, I did not see any abnormal drop or fluctuation in current draw from the car

3. There seems to be new text in the AutoSteer restriction: where it used to say "Autosteer is restriction on this road <Return> Speed will be limited" it now calls out the actual speed it will be limited to. For example, if the speed limit is 35 mph and the road is classified as restriction, it will say "Autosteer is restricted to 40 mph" (which is 5 over the limit).

I'll try to take a screenshot of this next time I drive and post it on here.

Can anyone with 2.12.22 check whether the "quick select" button at the top-right corner of the Media app is back with this release?

It was removed in a previous 7.1 release (can't remember which one at this point) to the chagrin of many owners such as myself.

See below for what it used to look like:

View attachment 111797

Just checked and it's still missing after today's update.