TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 7.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NOLA_Mike, Jan 9, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

My update to 2.12.126 from 2.11.54 completed in about 1h15min (car said it would take 1h40min).

Since I was coming from an older release that was 5 versions behind, new release notes were presented - screenshots below:

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

2. Max*

Max* Charging

We know that big brother is watching...

Though I don't expect them to individually push out firmware updates for the people who complain.

3. derrobin

derrobin New Member

2.12.126 Release Notes

Attached are the release notes for the latest update. 2.12.126 in case anyone is interested.

IMG_6757.JPG IMG_6758.JPG IMG_6759.JPG IMG_6760.JPG

4. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

It's worth noting that updates to the autopilot hardware suck. It takes the car something like 50 minutes to push firmware to the autopilot (DAS) module. This is why autopilot cars take so long to update. When an update is fast on an autopilot car, no changes have been made to autopilot.

5. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Beat you to it by about 5 min :biggrin:

6. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Just updated the original 7.1 2.9.154 to today's 2.1.126. Took 65 minutes on my 85D with AP. Screen said 1 hour 40 minutes actually took 65 minutes

7. Richk

Richk Member

I received my in-car notification about 3 pm EST today.

I'm wondering when the iPhone app update will be available? Doesn't show up in the app store yet.

8. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#1588 Mark Z, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    I am glad to report that changes were made to 2.1.126 for Model X that are greatly appreciated. You can see an extra paragraph appears that isn't in the Model S "Additional Improvements" shown above. One touch allows easy access to the 3rd row or when moving the seat back. Holding the button is still allowed and a second press will stop the seat movement.

A softer beep has replaced the recent silence when closing the Falcon Wing Doors or the rear hatch.

Improvements 126.jpg

9. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

After updating to 2.12.126 I am only charging at "1/2 rate". I.e., using my HPWC I am set to charge at 50A. After the update I am only charging at 25A (even though it is still set at 50A). Anybody else?

10. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

And now for my regular update :)
    It looks like 2.12.126 is a broader roll-out with 117 updates reported so far.
    We have ONE report from a Model X, the rest are Model S, still only reports from North America and NL (odd - usually at this point we'd see a few reports from Norway, Germany, or Great Britain).
    Other than that all batteries (ok, no report from a 40, but those are extremely rare), all drive systems, AP/non-AP, all VIN ranges.

So with the exception of the geographical distribution this does feel like a pretty full roll-out. And the volume of reports per day appears to match what we have seen on earlier widely distributed builds.

11. ElectricTundra

ElectricTundra P85D AP1

I noticed something similar but with an 80a HPWC. In my case it charged at 40a for several minutes but when I checked a bit later (10 minutes?) it had jumped up to 80a.

12. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

I agree that the time for 40a ramping up to 80a seems to be a bit longer than before. I thought I was going to see the same issue as some others but it did ramp up to my usual 79 after a while

13. Max*

Max* Charging

Hah, well look at that, after complaining on TMC, I have an update pending ;)

14. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

iPhone app update available now

15. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

A few updates on my end:

1. This 2.12.126 firmware version fixes a problem I (and many others, apparently) have been having with trip meters going wacky

2. I charged shortly after updating, and even though it was only 30A at 208V, I did not see any abnormal drop or fluctuation in current draw from the car

3. There seems to be new text in the AutoSteer restriction: where it used to say "Autosteer is restriction on this road <Return> Speed will be limited" it now calls out the actual speed it will be limited to. For example, if the speed limit is 35 mph and the road is classified as restriction, it will say "Autosteer is restricted to 40 mph" (which is 5 over the limit).

I'll try to take a screenshot of this next time I drive and post it on here.

16. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

I just got my maps updated on WiFi after 2.12.126.

17. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Active Member

Me too, and I have a "classic" signature S85. I did notice the improved regen today and even though its cool (49°F) I wondered about the stronger regen. Nice to see that feature applies to all models. Plus got the map update later today (I have wifi in the garage).

18. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Just checked and it's still missing after today's update.

19. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

How long is your "bit longer" Mine has been stuck at half rate for 15 minutes. (set for 50, but only puling 25)

20. JD2424

JD2424 New Member

Updated this evening and noticed that the amps setting for charging had changed from 40 to 30. Anyone else see that?