Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use scheduled charging and my car charges fine (many uses) when set to 56 Amps. I will try setting to less than 50 Amps when I get a chance.

These results are on my Sig P85, SN:0037 running 2.12.126

I tried 48 Amps and that works fine, also. My time to go from the start of the half rate hover to starting the ramp towards full charge current is 20-25 second.

I tried 48 Amps and that works fine, also. My time to go from the start of the half rate hover to starting the ramp towards full charge current is 20-25 second.

Just to be 100% clear, Cottonwood, you did unplug and then change the charging amps, right? (If you've been charging OK, adjusting down works fine.)

I'm only being so specific because assuming you did, you may be the only report so far of a dual charger car not affected by the bug.

Not sure if this is because of the maps update or .126 because I haven't received the maps update yet but do have .126 and my Nav IC looks like this:

fd6f943e7cafc555a1c16ed6d71e6dff.jpg

2f81ef2be795c63436fd4482f518c81c.jpg

Got 126 yesterday. No map update because I can't connect to Wifi at home (poor signal).
Line is orange.... so the blue line vs orange line might be related to the Navigon Map update.

Just to be 100% clear, Cottonwood, you did unplug and then change the charging amps, right? (If you've been charging OK, adjusting down works fine.)

I'm only being so specific because assuming you did, you may be the only report so far of a dual charger car not affected by the bug.

We found the configuration that Tesla tested out the software on before sending it out!

Maybe this is Tesla's way of phasing out the dual chargers...

Re the dual chargers issue with 2.12.126:

2016-02-27, 04:30 PM:
Same here. When I talked to Tesla they said they knew about the problem and were working on it.

2016-03-02, 07:49 AM:
I called Tesla 24/7 support late yesterday and the support person told me that he had not heard of this issue. He said he was forwarding it to the Austin Service Center and they would call me in the next couple of days. I think it will take a software upgrade to resolve the issue and the SC will not be able to help.

...In case more evidence of a substantial internal communication problem at Tesla, already mentioned upthread, is needed.

No, I think most of us are painfully aware just how utterly disconnected and dysfunctional they are...

It's worse than even a few months ago. The customer facing people are nice and polite and everything but they are usually either at the wrong level, unknowledgeable, or not empowered to address the problem. It used to be different and there was a sense of problem ownership. Something changed and I don't know why. I hope this is a short term problem.

Yes, I unplugged and plugged back in with each change. I have not had any issues charging at any level with my early, dual-charger P85, SN:0037

... you may be the only report so far of a dual charger car not affected by the bug.
FYI - I have two Teslas on 7.1 (2.12.126) with dual chargers. My P85 (Feb 2014 28xxx) does not have this charging bug, but my P90D has this charging bug.

I set both to 50A "not scheduled". My P85 went to 25A for 20 seconds then went up to 50A. My P90D went to 25A, I waited 15 min and it never went above 25A.

Yes, I unplugged and plugged back in with each change. I have not had any issues charging at any level with my early, dual-charger P85, SN:0037

FYI - I have two Teslas on 7.1 (2.12.126) with dual chargers. My P85 (Feb 2014 28xxx) does not have this charging bug, but my P90D has this charging bug.

I set both to 50A "not scheduled". My P85 went to 25A for 20 seconds then went up to 50A. My P90D went to 25A, I waited 15 min and it never went above 25A.

Very interesting.

Thanks, guys, for helping narrow down, at least a bit, what's going on.

I expect Tesla will have an update out within another day or two that resolves this all anyway, but it's interesting (at least to me) trying to figure out why not all cars are affected.

Last edited:
I expect Tesla will have an update out within another day or two that resolves this all anyway, but it's interesting (at least to me) trying to figure out why not all car are affected.
Tesla does not have "model years" and does about 30 hardware revisions every week.

This is the flip side of the coin - they simply CAN NOT test all possible combinations of hardware and inevitably screw it up.

Tesla does not have "model years" and does about 30 hardware revisions every week.

This is the flip side of the coin - they simply CAN NOT test all possible combinations of hardware and inevitably screw it up.

They can and do test it on all possible configurations - they simply release it and then wait for the phone to ring. :wink::tongue:

With progress comes a price - constant improvements/evolution rather than waiting for next model year, OTA providing quick and free new features, bug fixes, etc, they all come at a price of being a part of QA process sometimes. The silver lining is Tesla's ability to send out an OTA to fix things without you having to visit any SC.