Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's correct. I was at the dragstrip Thursday night expecting an improvement in the 1/8th mile but did not get it. There were a lot of participants so I had an hour between runs and the battery had to keep warming in the 54 degree weather. I will try again when I get Ludicrous some day.

"Lunch Mode"? Is this where the glove box becomes a microwave oven and heats last night's leftovers for your midday meal? :tongue:
No lunch mode was only available in 7.0 as witnessed here:

CVVbW8zWIAQ1RlU.jpg

That's correct. I was at the dragstrip Thursday night expecting an improvement in the 1/8th mile but did not get it. There were a lot of participants so I had an hour between runs and the battery had to keep warming in the 54 degree weather. I will try again when I get Ludicrous some day.
You won't see your best times at 54 degrees. Tire and road surface is too cold and air is too dense.

7.37 @ 93.0 before and 7.43 @ 93.5 now. My slowest was 7.50 @ 92.3 on the last run. I smoked an 650hp new Corvette that did 8.935 @ 95.8 due to his tires slipping.

That's almost exactly what I ran with mine this past summer.
20150801_161638.jpg

On my final run of the evening I lined up against a young guy and his girlfriend in a new Mustang GT. It was a slaughter, and as we pulled up to the time slip booth, I overheard the driver of the Mustang say to one of the workers, "What the hell is that car?". I loled.

I don't think I've seen mention of this yet... relating to the unlock logic.

Prior to 7.1, double-clicking the fob or touching a door caused all handles to extend. The new firmware allows you to set 'driver door only' so that only that handle extends. A second double-click on the fob extends the other three doors.

Fine, that works as expected. However, if you walk up to the car and touch the drivers handle, it extends as expected. But how do you open the remainder of the doors without using the fob?

I've found that getting in the car, the lock at the top of the touch screen shows 'unlocked'... however, touching the passenger handle doesn't extend it because only the driver's door is actually unlocked. Short of using the fob, I find that I have to touch the lock icon twice... first time the driver's door locks, second time all unlock.

This seems counter-intuitive... shouldn't there be a way to unlock the rest of the doors without first locking them all first? I rarely use the fob buttons! I can see that if there was danger near the car, you might want to lock the driver door right away, but most often, you'll want to let others in. I think this function needs a bit more thought and refinement... unless I've missed something in the release notes.

i found something on autopilot today, not sure if others have seen it. While on the highway, as you get to the top of a hill, and start descending then i got a notification to put my hands on the wheel. I saw it 3 times on US50 the car starts to climb and when it starts to go down, i get the alert, not sure if it only happens with certain inclination, but definitely only in this case during the peak of a hill. Has anyone else seen this ?

i found something on autopilot today, not sure if others have seen it. While on the highway, as you get to the top of a hill, and start descending then i got a notification to put my hands on the wheel. I saw it 3 times on US50 the car starts to climb and when it starts to go down, i get the alert, not sure if it only happens with certain inclination, but definitely only in this case during the peak of a hill. Has anyone else seen this ?
That climb in EDH is pretty high. I don't know how many times I've seen cars pulled over to the side because they can't make the climb. I haven't been back to EDH since 7.1 update so I can't confirm. Almost like the apex of a roller coaster ride where you're anticipating the rush going back down and AP is telling you to hold on for dear life.

afaict, The nags appear to be completely confidence-based. When the forward-looking camera cannot see the road accurately enough you will increase the probability of warnings, this could be sharp bends and/or steep hills (going up as well as over the crest). You can see this for yourself on the IC, by watching (ahem, from the passenger seat...) the blue lines shortening and/or disappearing on one or both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

This was posted a couple of months back somewhere in China.

It would likely be a car registered in Hong Kong, then. Or UK, or (less likely: Luxembourg, Netherlands or Gibraltor ;-))

afaict, The nags appear to be completely confidence-based. When the forward-looking camera cannot see the road accurately enough you will increase the probability of warnings, this could be sharp bends and/or steep hills (going up as well as over the crest). You can see this for yourself on the IC, by watching (ahem, from the passenger seat...) the blue lines shortening and/or disappearing on one or both sides.

That makes sense, however the nag appears as soon as the car is descending, probably the "risk condition" was detected on the apex when the car can't see the lines far beyond, and it takes some time to process, so by then you are downhill. With 7.0 i never saw this and it worked perfectly fine, it is a hill, sure in the middle of the highway, so it is not that steep, and is a straight line on a 4 lane road. I will test again by enabling AP manually right after the apex to see what happens