Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2.11.54 at the SC yesterday.

With this release regenerative braking at low temperatures has been improved.

Does anyone know (or have tested) what this "regenerative braking at low temperatures" improvement is?

For example, if they allow the amount of regen to be the sum of the battery's regen limit plus the amount that can be used for pack/cabin heating, that would be a great improvement. The older versions set the regen limit as the amount the battery could accept, but then used what was needed for pack/cabin heating, and only the remainder (battery limit minus pack/cabin heating) went into regen battery charging.

Does anyone know (or have tested) what this "regenerative braking at low temperatures" improvement is?

For example, if they allow the amount of regen to be the sum of the battery's regen limit plus the amount that can be used for pack/cabin heating, that would be a great improvement. The older versions set the regen limit as the amount the battery could accept, but then used what was needed for pack/cabin heating, and only the remainder (battery limit minus pack/cabin heating) went into regen battery charging.
More likely they just increased how much you could do, possibly back to what it used to be in 6.2 which several people say wasn't quite as aggressive at limiting the regen in the cold

More likely they just increased how much you could do, possibly back to what it used to be in 6.2 which several people say wasn't quite as aggressive at limiting the regen in the cold

I thought the "as aggressive at limiting the regen in the cold" was simply a byproduct of v7 being less aggressive at heating the battery pack beyond minimum requirements (particularly with range mode on)?

I had to leave unexpectedly this morning, so I wasn't able to preheat the battery. Due to that its hard for me to say what impact the update had. However, the limit felt like it cleared very quickly. I'll preheat tomorrow and based off todays experience I'm wondering if the regen limit will be gone after I preheat. My car is garaged and normally its 40-45º F inside.

I had to leave unexpectedly this morning, so I wasn't able to preheat the battery. Due to that its hard for me to say what impact the update had. However, the limit felt like it cleared very quickly. I'll preheat tomorrow and based off todays experience I'm wondering if the regen limit will be gone after I preheat. My car is garaged and normally its 40-45º F inside.

When you felt like the regen limit cleared quickly today were you driving with range mode on or off?

Thanks.

Was a quick update - the only thing listed in the "with this update" section (the upper portion of the release notes that isn't the same as prior) is that now Creep settings will update with driver profiles. Previously, the creep setting wasn't part of the driver profile.

Also - this update enables autopilot on pre-50,000 VIN cars.

(one of these things is not true)