Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And because the build number inflation clearly wasn't going fast enough, we just got the first report of 2.13.77 - JBrown4390, you get to name this build, if you want :)

Checking the tracker it looks like version 2.12.126--a very widely distributed version that broke things--was never named. That version deserves a name. I'll suggest:

"Chargebuster"
"Halftime"
"Where's The Amps?"

Feel free to suggest better alternatives, but do it soon as we're talking about the old version here! A version that deserves to be named!

I noticed the charging problem and even scheduled a service appointment for it before I got the .126 update so I don't think that one deserves that reputation. For sure it was in 2.12.22, and possibly earlier.

Well, I don't think anyone started posting about it here until .126 was being installed.

Version 2.12.22 already has a name, and wasn't broadly distributed. The one release between them also wasn't broadly distributed. But I think the most important point is that it wasn't until .126 that the problem was posted about and became documented, such that Tesla (probably) corrected it in the next version. If it existed before .126 apparently even Tesla didn't know about it.

Well, 2.13.77 has lived up to it's name. I set my P90D to 50A, "not scheduled" and it went straight up to 50A without hesitating.

Yup, you beat me to it! (Though the newly agreed upon name for this version is Lightning Bug Beater.)

Here's a picture of my car charging at 55 Amps, set to 56 Amps.

Charging After Bug Fixed.jpg

I just got the notification as well.... I'll poke around.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like this update changes something with Model X second row seats, and adds summon to Great Britain...

Update was 18,022,348 bytes. 2.13.77. Autopilot remains at v7.7.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... one more elephant in the update (behind the scenes) that I'm not sure I should post about, for fear of severely pissing off Tesla. heh.

Edit: SHA256 of the info I'll have a moral debate with myself on whether or not I'll post about it or not later on: 90635303cac8ab6a6a303d37db088f2a69d5224c59c5a486465f9d4be159e29d

Edit edit: No, nothing dangerous or scandalous or anything... just something I probably shouldn't know about yet.

Edit edit update:

Looks like the list of some important modules updated by this firmware is:

Body Controllers
Model X Falcon Wing Doors
BMS
Master Charger and its sub-modules
Charge Port
Rear Drive Unit
Gateway
Thermal Controller

Last edited:
Hmm... one more elephant in the update (behind the scenes) that I'm not sure I should post about, for fear of severely pissing off Tesla. heh.

Edit: SHA256 of the info I'll have a moral debate with myself on whether or not I'll post about it or not later on: 90635303cac8ab6a6a303d37db088f2a69d5224c59c5a486465f9d4be159e29d

Edit edit: No, nothing dangerous or scandalous or anything... just something I probably shouldn't know about yet.
Yep, Model 3 related information... Is that a hash for Model 3 picture? ;-)

Last edited:
Looks like a rollout of Summon for Canada! Hooray!
Just got 2.13.77 over the air. Summon enabled but only works with the app.
Kind of useless here as you have to be within fob distance of the car, we get poor cell service and wifi doesn't work well in the garage.
After multiple tries go it to back out but it wouldn't come back in as kept disconnecting.

Just got 2.13.77 over the air. Summon enabled but only works with the app.
Kind of useless here as you have to be within fob distance of the car, we get poor cell service and wifi doesn't work well in the garage.
After multiple tries go it to back out but it wouldn't come back in as kept disconnecting.

Did you read the release notes? There are new options, and it needs to be enabled again, but configured properly it should still work with the fob.

Half-fast

(Say it once or twice)

This is without question my favorite nominee for version name for 2.12.126, and I think I had suggested all of the others. Please, Hank--go with Half-fast!