Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, now you're just being mirthfully complementary. "Fancy" isn't a word I'd use. :)

"Utilitarian" is more like it.

It has proven so exceptionally useful... I can't tell you how happy I am that you convinced me to go your route instead of mine - there's no way we'd get this much participation with a wiki. Well done.

And right now it's showing us that apparently Tesla is doing an A/B test right now. Clearly both 2.13.120 and 2.13.103 are being rolled out at the same time. I believe that's a first.

To the unix guy that's downright GUI

^^^ This.

Anything beyond editing data files with cat, sed, and awk is super-spiffy to me.

Huh... never really thought about it like that. :)

It has proven so exceptionally useful... I can't tell you how happy I am that you convinced me to go your route instead of mine - there's no way we'd get this much participation with a wiki. Well done.

And right now it's showing us that apparently Tesla is doing an A/B test right now. Clearly both 2.13.120 and 2.13.103 are being rolled out at the same time. I believe that's a first.

I'm glad to volunteer my talents for something useful and appreciated!

The A/B testing is interesting, for sure.

The A/B testing is interesting, for sure.

I'm not convinced yet that we're seeing A/B testing.

The only updates to 2.13.120 that occurred today were not OTA.

I think it is possible the rangers and SC's were just installing the older version, and that 2.13.103 is the current production version.

Obviously we'll know more in a day or two.

What if the feature to update maps was installed with the new firmware, and the maps themselves were updated later with a different update, and you're just now seeing the new feature active for the first time? Just one possibility.
Not to rain on your possibility :) but I got the map updates before I was granted 2.12.126.

And so far no 2.13.xxx for me...

Too bad about that JB Straubel quote from a couple of months before Autopilot was out ... what a difference a few months make in the tech space.

I'm not convinced yet that we're seeing A/B testing.

The only updates to 2.13.120 that occurred today were not OTA.

I think it is possible the rangers and SC's were just installing the older version, and that 2.13.103 is the current production version.

Obviously we'll know more in a day or two.

There have been nine updates to 2.13.120 yesterday and today. Eight of them are listed as not being OTA. The ninth is listed as WiFi, but is also listed as a Norwegian car in Abu Dhabi. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's safe to throw out that one bit of info as potentially erroneous since it would be the only evidence, at this point, of this being a A/B test of two firmware versions.

There have been nine updates to 2.13.120 yesterday and today. Eight of them are listed as not being OTA. The ninth is listed as WiFi, but is also listed as a Norwegian car in Abu Dhabi. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's safe to throw out that one bit of info as potentially erroneous since it would be the only evidence, at this point, of this being a A/B test of two firmware versions.

Makes sense. Has it ever happened before where the version number was lower for the newer build? That part is confusing.